Jimmies and Joes

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Still waiting for a name

I mean if you want names of coaches that resurrected dead, irrelevant programs with great recruiting classes I guess you could start with the two teams that played in the championship last year. 

It needs to be a priority and I seriously question how much it is right now. 

1 minute ago, CapoValley said:

I mean if you want names of coaches that resurrected dead, irrelevant programs with great recruiting classes I guess you could start with the two teams that played in the championship last year. 

How many recruiting classes did Dabo have before really achieving success? It wasn't 1 full cycle worth and he took over a better team.  

If signing the best class in years last year and being on track to sign and even better class this year isn't enough I don't know what to tell you. 

This staff obviously puts emphasis on recruiting if you pay any attention. This weekend was a huge weekend for it.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Both of those programs are in the heart of talent centers. Also Dabos first 2 classes were 36 and 27 lol

Alabama was 12 the year before Saban arrived

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

How many recruiting classes did Dabo have before really achieving success? It wasn't 1 full cycle worth and he took over a better team.  

If signing the best class in years last year and being on track to sign and even better class this year isn't enough I don't know what to tell you. 

This staff obviously puts emphasis on recruiting if you pay any attention. This weekend was a huge weekend for it.

This weekend.....probably didn’t have the effect on recruiting that you think. We’ve had recruits in town when we’ve gotten lit up before. 

Want to be a elite program? Go do the obvious.

Hire elite coordinators, position coaches, recruiters. The lack of emphasis on recruiting and not having a elite recruiting staff is never ever ever going to work in Lincoln.

The staff Frost brought isnt that outside of a few and he’s paying the price.

Until Nebraska gets a elite staff across the board its the same old story. Nebraska continues to be its own worst enemy. You get what you deserve when you refuse to do the obvious.

Money is not a problem.  The fan base is the only thing carrying this program at this point 

How easy is it to throw a TD fade on Bootle? I feel he has given 10 of those up in his career. One of those was a great catch, but the other was a drop in the bucket EZ throw. I def can't stand when we keep Barry and Honas in on 3rd and long and have them running down the field covering receivers. Smart defense 

• Plus1 1

This weekend.....probably didn’t have the effect on recruiting that you think. We’ve had recruits in town when we’ve gotten lit up before. 

Hire elite coordinators, position coaches, recruiters. The lack of emphasis on recruiting and not having a elite recruiting staff is never ever ever going to work in Lincoln.

The staff Frost brought isnt that outside of a few and he’s paying the price.

Until Nebraska gets a elite staff across the board its the same old story. Nebraska continues to be its own worst enemy. You get what you deserve when you refuse to do the obvious.

Money is not a problem.  The fan base is the only thing carrying this program at this point 

Honestly I don't agree with any of this, but I don't care enough to argue with you on it. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Wisconsin begs to differ. Tennessee has had great recruiters in their past and look where they are.

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Wisconsin begs to differ. Tennessee has had great recruiters in their past and look where they are.

Wisconsin hasn’t won a conference championship since Ohio st got off probation. Seven years ago

Its time to lay on the line what it is we want from this team. If it’s championships then we need to switch models. 

Capo I'm still waiting on the name of the recruiting genius who could recruit top 10 classes at Nebraska coming off of back to back 4-8 seasons and pushing 2 decades of mediocrity. Could we be doing better in recruiting? Some sure. We have missed a bit at OLB but outside of that we have really done well across the board. You keep acting like this staff is a bunch of bums on the recruiting trail but that is false. 

• Plus1 2

Yes. Like him. Take a good long look at how he built that program and ask yourself what Clemson had in 08 vs us. 

Well more talent for one, 2 years prior to Dabo recruiting rankings were 16 and 9. Dabos half cycle was 36 and first full cycle was 27. Frost is doing better than Dabo at 23 and 18! We are well on our way. Maybe try facts instead of throwing crap at walls to see what sticks.

• Plus1 4