We are finally number1!

2 minutes ago, ebohnart said:

I bet you’re super fun at parties. 

Haha.  Most folks think so!

Here's the best part from the article......

They struggled with South Alabama. They struggled with Illinois and Northwestern. They got blown out by Ohio State. And the idea that they started the season on the cusp of the Amway Coaches Poll with Frost cheerleading those expectations all the way now seems like a major farce. 

The cold slap of reality for Nebraska fans is that they're still far, far away from being relevant in college football — and if Frost isn’t capable of getting them there, who is? That’s why Nebraska is No. 1 in the Misery Index, a weekly measurement of knee-jerk reactions based on what each fan base just watched.

I do think Frost is the right guy.  He played here, born here and if he can't get us back who can?  

• Plus1 1

The proper tense is "man, did we fall". At least from my point of view we are not still falling. We've just failed to climb out of the pit yet.

I think we could say "man, have we fallen" sometime toward the end of Callahan. And I think we could say it again when MR was through. We seemed to make a little headway last season only to take a couple steps back this season. But we're done falling. Performances like CU, NW and Minny may look and feel like falling but when you're already on the floor, there is only one possible direction to go. Maybe we'll start heading in that direction again next year.....or maybe we won't, but it is an impossibility to fall any further. Welcome to rock bottom. And I hope everyone realizes that if Frost can't/won't/doesn't do it, there is absolutely no one left with as much determination to see it done. This is it. The only alternatives left are to see it happen or completely give up on it ever happening. Hopefully the former occurs before the latter.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, lo country said:

In the USA Today misery poll.......At least we are in the news....  They hit on some quotes by Frost that have been mentioned in various threads after Minnie....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/10/13/college-football-nebraska-cant-live-up-scott-frosts-own-words/3969147002/

Man, have we fallen.

If there is any way to provide hope.  I do remember, albeit vaguely, when Husker fans we thrilled with a winning season (Pre-Devaney success).  We'd been good, then we sucked for air.  But we did become good again.  The right guy is here.  The program is in shambles.  I think we knew it was in bad shape, but not perhaps how bad it was.  And I know I had sky high expectations for Frost.  He's what, in his 4th year as a head coach.  2nd Year in a real conference.  He has more learning and maturing to do than I was expecting.  But that is on me, not him.  I'm still 95% convinced that if he can't turn it around, it will take the re-incarnation of Devaney to make it happen.

Meanwhile, back to my hoping for a winning season and a bowl game.  It sucks, but that's my team, so there we are.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Haha.  Most folks think so!

Here's the best part from the article......

They struggled with South Alabama. They struggled with Illinois and Northwestern. They got blown out by Ohio State. And the idea that they started the season on the cusp of the Amway Coaches Poll with Frost cheerleading those expectations all the way now seems like a major farce. 

The cold slap of reality for Nebraska fans is that they're still far, far away from being relevant in college football — and if Frost isn’t capable of getting them there, who is? That’s why Nebraska is No. 1 in the Misery Index, a weekly measurement of knee-jerk reactions based on what each fan base just watched.

I do think Frost is the right guy.  He played here, born here and if he can't get us back who can?  

I'm interested in what you mean by best part......i enjoyed nothing about that article.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

The proper tense is "man, did we fall". At least from my point of view we are not still falling. We've just failed to climb out of the pit yet.

I think we could say "man, have we fallen" sometime toward the end of Callahan. And I think we could say it again when MR was through. We seemed to make a little headway last season only to take a couple steps back this season. But we're done falling. Performances like CU, NW and Minny may look and feel like falling but when you're already on the floor, there is only one possible direction to go. Maybe we'll start heading in that direction again next year.....or maybe we won't, but it is an impossibility to fall any further. Welcome to rock bottom. And I hope everyone realizes that if Frost can't/won't/doesn't do it, there is absolutely no one left with as much determination to see it done. This is it. The only alternatives left are to see it happen or completely give up on it ever happening. Hopefully the former occurs before the latter.

We're still far above the Diaco defense and the offense is still capable of being good.

4 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I'm interested in what you mean by best part......i enjoyed nothing about that article.

Sarcasm.  Damn, I've got to start dropping the emoji (:sarcasm).  There was nothing enjoyable about the article.  Just a cold hard dose of reality.  I agree 100% with the comment about if not Frost who?

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

We're still far above the Diaco defense and the offense is still capable of being good.

Are we? I won't argue that at least now there may be some hope and possibilities but non of that has translated into anything of substance yet. We won 4 games last season. We will be extremely lucky to win more than 4 this year. That's it. That's all there is at this point in time. Potential means jack until translates into something real. Remember, they had their best Monday and Wednesday practices EVER just prior to what we watched last night. I won't believe another word until I see it happen.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Are we? I won't argue that at least now there may be some hope and possibilities but non of that has translated into anything of substance yet. We won 4 games last season. We will be extremely lucky to win more than 4 this year. That's it. That's all there is at this point in time. Potential means jack until translates into something real. Remember, they had their best Monday and Wednesday practices EVER just prior to what we watched last night. I won't believe another word until I see it happen.

I really expected Frost to not use coach speak.  He seems like a no nonsense type of guy.  But as you noted, best practice ever....the quotes from above.....As much as it would kill me to not get any comments, I'd almost prefer they go dark.  Just quick comments.  We are working on it.  Going back to really examine what has worked and why.  And what hasn't worked and why.....No more BS.....

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I think we still are. I agree that practice evaluation don't mean jack, though. If getting manhandle and outcoached by a Minnesota team that's barely been getting wins against mid-major opponents doesn't motivate this staff to do something to keep their job and players to keep their position, I don't know what will.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

In the USA Today misery poll.......At least we are in the news....  They hit on some quotes by Frost that have been mentioned in various threads after Minnie....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/10/13/college-football-nebraska-cant-live-up-scott-frosts-own-words/3969147002/

Man, have we fallen.

Good gawd man....just let Frost do his thing.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2