BIG 10 games 10/19

4 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

But we did so your point is invalid. We beat NW on a field goal. Saying we have basically no chance in games before they are played is asinine and getting real old and tired from posters. Did anyone tell Illinois they were supposed to lay down?

We beat NW on a 19 yard field goal that if you watch the replay was BARELY there. Like it was extra point distance and it took an act of God to get it over the line. We also missed field goal in Boulder and lost. I am saying we can’t RELY on a field goal to win. 

I don’t get how other teams play is a predictor of ours? I have seen nothing from this team at all that tells me we can hang with the better teams this year. OSU destroyed us out of the gate. NW hung with them for a half at least. Minnesota had their way with us. We aren’t beating Wiscy and Iowa. Michigan looked awful all year and then hung with Penn St. Do you really think this team could go into Happy Valley on a Sat night and lose by 7? 

We dont need to beat Wiscy and Iowa this year. We just need to beat Indiana, Purdue and Maryland. I think at best we win 2. All three would be a big accomplishment for this team. I would be ecstatic with that. 

• Plus1 1

I have to admit that I was one of those who thought that Frost coming back to Nebraska will yield dividend really fast. I bought the hype and thought we would be much better this year. Unfortunately, I was way off and it seems like Frost and his coaches have severely underestimated the situation. Frankly, they seem surprised and shocked at the performance of their team but aren’t they responsible for the product they put on the field?

I can give many examples of teams that turned the corner with new coaches very fast. We just have to accept that we are not going to be one of those teams. For us to become relevant again, we need an identity and as of now this team has zero identity. Every game is a crapshoot and we have absolutely no way of anticipating the outcome. Even though Purdue is a 2-4 team, I feel they are better than us. Indiana is a 5-2 team and even though we should be able to beat them at home, no one can guarantee a win because we have no idea which husker  team is going to show up and unfortunately neither do the coaches. If we get to six wins this season, I would consider this a step in the right direction.

3 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I have to admit that I was one of those who thought that Frost coming back to Nebraska will yield dividend really fast. I bought the hype and thought we would be much better this year. Unfortunately, I was way off and it seems like Frost and his coaches have severely underestimated the situation. Frankly, they seem surprised and shocked at the performance of their team but aren’t they responsible for the product they put on the field?

I can give many examples of teams that turned the corner with new coaches very fast. We just have to accept that we are not going to be one of those teams. For us to become relevant again, we need an identity and as of now this team has zero identity. Every game is a crapshoot and we have absolutely no way of anticipating the outcome. Even though Purdue is a 2-4 team, I feel they are better than us. Indiana is a 5-2 team and even though we should be able to beat them at home, no one can guarantee a win because we have no idea which husker  team is going to show up and unfortunately neither do the coaches. If we get to six wins this season, I would consider this a step in the right direction.

It was the Texas game in 07 where we said "F it" and just attacked on D and played aggressive on O...that is the last time I recall a coach for Nebraska basically saying "the s#!t we are trying to do right now doesn't work, so let's do the opposite". At some point, particularly defensively, you just gotta attack and let the chips fall where they may. Offensively, we just need to have constant Martinez designed roll  2 reads and if s#!t ain't there get 4 yards

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, lincoln84 said:

We beat NW on a 19 yard field goal that if you watch the replay was BARELY there. Like it was extra point distance and it took an act of God to get it over the line. We also missed field goal in Boulder and lost. I am saying we can’t RELY on a field goal to win. 

I don’t get how other teams play is a predictor of ours? I have seen nothing from this team at all that tells me we can hang with the better teams this year. OSU destroyed us out of the gate. NW hung with them for a half at least. Minnesota had their way with us. We aren’t beating Wiscy and Iowa. Michigan looked awful all year and then hung with Penn St. Do you really think this team could go into Happy Valley on a Sat night and lose by 7? 

We dont need to beat Wiscy and Iowa this year. We just need to beat Indiana, Purdue and Maryland. I think at best we win 2. All three would be a big accomplishment for this team. I would be ecstatic with that. 

Anything can happen on a given day. And regardless of whether or not you think it was "an act of God" our kicker made the field goal. Just stop. And I brought other teams into because you're saying we can't beat team A when clearly Team A can be beaten. Regardless of what you've seen so far, you don't know what's going to happen so stop acting like it. Just have hope. You'll be the same fan who will applaud everything when Frost gets it going.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Anything can happen on a given day. And regardless of whether or not you think it was "an act of God" our kicker made the field goal. Just stop. And I brought other teams into because you're saying we can't beat team A when clearly Team A can be beaten. Regardless of what you've seen so far, you don't know what's going to happen so stop acting like it. Just have hope. You'll be the same fan who will applaud everything when Frost gets it going.

He will get things going! Did I say he wouldn’t? I just don’t expect it this year. Those dreams died in Boulder. Again. 

You dont know what’s going to happen so quit acting like it. :)

PS...I have been flying in from PHX for every home game for over 18 years. So, not only do I have hope, I put a LOT of money into it as well. :thumbs

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

It was the Texas game in 07 where we said "F it" and just attacked on D

Yep, Callahan took over play-calling from Cosgrove, and called blitzes almost every down. Still a loss, though...