Can we be satisfied?

Thank God the coaches are less emotional than a majority of the posters here LOL... Good Lord... If this feels like rock bottom and your mental/emotional state is fragile from this season, I'd suggest you take a breath, maybe take a break from football for a bit, spend time with family, maybe puff some reefer... Whatever it will take for you to calm your sh!t and let Frost do the job he was hired to do. This year is far from a product that he wants/is going to put on the field in the near future. NE football has as much upside as it has in almost 20 years right now - it's gonna be a fun ride, so don't get so bent out of shape that you can't enjoy it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/22/2019 at 8:30 PM, HUSKER 37 said:

I don't normally follow Mechicken Football, but I looked into them because Jim Harbaugh has some similarities to Scott Frost and his seat may be getting warm (now in year 5 at UM)..His 1st 4 years, he went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5 and now 5-2. I can't imagine we'll ever be able to recruit as well as Mechicken does, but do you think our fan base will be satisfied being where UM is right now (or worse) in year 5? I have my doubts..I just keep telling myself it's only entertainment and have been replaying old Husker game videos during bye week of when my cousin was catching passes and throwing blocks for us back in the early 80's.

10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 5-2....but who’s counting. :D Harbaugh’s biggest issue is losing to rivals and embarrassing loses in prime time games. No trophies. If you look back at Bo, his records are similar and he lost lots of bowls games. BUT he won conference championships which is that really what mattered back then. Bo is the coach most Michigan fans adore. Also Gary Moeller had similar success as Harbaugh and was “let go” after 5 years.

9 hours ago, TheBigRed1 said:
  •  
  23 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Yeah...I started watching us regularly and listening to my radio back in 1970...And arguing with my girlfriend's dad who claimed to be a booster, but kept saying TO should go in 1979...I still wonder if he was really kidding.

Coaching staff really is key to MNC success.

Consistency, consistency (continuity) thou art a jewel.

Used to be...Alabama seems to be having success with revolving door assistant coaches and ''Advisors''

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Yeah, that’s a bunch of baloney. It depends entirely on who the coach is and what they’re coaching.

Entirely? 

WHO they’re coaching probably helps too. 

But imagine being a place where established coaches go to re-establish their careers and the recruiting advantage of learning from some of the best..

• Fire 1
13 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Entirely? 

WHO they’re coaching probably helps too. 

But imagine being a place where established coaches go to re-establish their careers and the recruiting advantage of learning from some of the best..

Saying that having a bad coach hang around for a long time and everything will get better through longevity doesn't make any sense. If you have a proven staff, you should try to keep them around, like Osborne did. 
If you want to say the players are the problem that's fine, but I keep hearing these traditional phrases that Husker fans like to say as though it's some kind of canon.
If anyone is going to turn this around, it's Frost, because he'll be given the time to figure it out without getting kneejerk pressure from media, fans and donors. He may need to make staff changes if it's apparent that someone doesn't measure up to P5 standards.

• Plus1 1