Can we be satisfied?

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think fans would be overjoyed to have Pelini’s record again and maybe have a two loss season happen once in a while.

I thought Bo was entertaining, but we seemed to take a serious drop in Defense after we got rid of Carl...(maybe due to poor recruiting by Bo and his staff)...My major gripe with Bo was other teams were finding it too easy to take him out of a game...Just piss him off and he goes brain dead for hours.

a lot of folks residing on her want the quick fix.  

What TO had, was built in large part by BD.  So, when TO was winning NC's, the ground work for that was laid 30+ years prior by the Bobfather.

So if everyone is a$$hurt about the record now, better go down to the corner store, and get a little patience 

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think fans would be overjoyed to have Pelini’s record again and maybe have a two loss season happen once in a while.

I wouldn't. Iv said it before and I'll say it again; 9 wins (none of significance) and losing, big, to any team with a heartbeat doesn't mean jack to me. It is the same as winning 4 or 6 if you aren't winning your division, conference or beyond. This year or last year might as well have been a 9 win Pelini season because none of them took us anywhere. I understand not everyone feels the way I do.

This isn't to say I'm not happy with Frost. Sure I'll bitch and moan for a few days after a game like Minnesota but as long as we're playing right and improving (over a much longer sample) then I'll be largely satisfied. People flipping out, calling it regression and whatnot after 19 games will never be happy. Callahan, Pelini and Riley spent 16 years totally effing up this program. The least we can do is give Frost 4 years before having unreasonable expectations again. He's my guy until I'm dead or no longer care about the Huskers. If he can't do it, nobody can. It's that simple.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, walksalone said:

What TO had, was built in large part by BD.  So, when TO was winning NC's, the ground work for that was laid 30+ years prior by the Bobfather.

So if everyone is a$$hurt about the record now, better go down to the corner store, and get a little patience 

Devaney had the luxury of being able to offer unlimited? scholarships and being one of the handful of teams on TV.

Osborne was instrumental in getting our Strength and Conditioning program started...and cutting edge ''juicing'' back when it was sorta legal..Towards the end he was getting hamstrung by the Prop 48 thing...Which I considered one of our ''feel good'' stories about how we could turn a dyslexic into an Academic All Conference player...I forget his name.  He and his staff also developed a reputation of getting the most out of players and into the NFL which is the only way for me to explain to myself how we were able to recruit so well for being a ''flyover state''.

I don't realistically expect us to ever sniff another MNC as long as we're stuck in a 4-team playoff...Which I mostly hated.  But as long as we keep showing improvement...I'll try my best to be good with..

• Plus1 2

55 minutes ago, walksalone said:

I'm not one who wants a quick fix (I mean of course we all do but not  necessarily demanding it). BUT, another way of looking at that would be a lot of folks residing on here being nervous about not having a quick fix. Because the evidence shows that great coaches usually turn things around really quickly, and that it's exceedingly rare to see a coach ascend to an elite level but need to take 5-7 years or whatever to do it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm not one who wants a quick fix (I mean of course we all do but not  necessarily demanding it). BUT, another way of looking at that would be a lot of folks residing on here being nervous about not having a quick fix. Because the evidence shows that great coaches usually turn things around really quickly, and that it's exceedingly rare to see a coach ascend to an elite level but need to take 5-7 years or whatever to do it. 

Would I love one, hell yes, i'm with you there, but are people willing to wait that long?  In today's climate, I'd have to say probably not.

He needs to have a break out season in the next 3-5 years, or the natives will be getting restless...

1 minute ago, walksalone said:

He needs to have a break out season in the next 3-5 years, or the natives will be getting restless...

Rightfully so, because Dabo Swinney is pretty much the only example in the last 50 years of someone built a consistently great program and didn't get it done in the first 3-4 years. 

• Plus1 4

I can be satisfied  because, like a previous poster said, it’s entertainment. I simply cannot watch the NFL anymore besides a playoff game or damn good matchup because the  product is just not entertaining. (Timeouts, cost, replays, free agency, millionaires, flags, sit-outs..etc) 

I care more about Nebraska and willfully engage in all aspects because it entertains me. A bunch of 18-22 yr old players gonna affect my week anymore like when I was 7-30 yrs old?? Hell no. 

I want us to win so bad and I want the glory to return to the STATE and to it’s people. The stadium will always be there, the colors will always be Scarlett and Cream, the band will always play Hail Varsity; and hopefully we all will always cheer. But I’m done with the negativity and gut wrenching. 

I will be satisfied when we are just competitive and have a chance to win most of the games. Let the Deed be the Glory, truly. The nuance is just entertaining and removes me from daily grind. Talking to my dad and brothers about the Cornhuskers like we do the weather, taking my son to a game or two. Tailgating and talking smack to my buddies. 

All the championships and trophies will be icing. I can be satisfied again because I have perspective and believe Frost can bring some icing. In the meantime, I’ll just be entertained. 

And I’ll add...I’m all in.   I never sit down, I yell like hell, I have Husker gear, I say GBR to any hat I see anywhere, I follow these threads and recruiting...I love Nebraska and that’s enough satisfaction for me. 

• Plus1 3

The idea that Michigan fans are dissatisfied with what Jim Harbaugh has done is ridiculous. The 2 coaches before him were complete dumpster fires, and expecting more than what JH has accomplished there each and every year is utterly unreasonable. He hasn't beaten Ohio State yet, but very few teams have...

I'm with a few others here. Scott Frost is the guy. He's an exciting young coach, the last QB to win a national title here, and has proven his upside both on the field and in recruiting. If he can't bring this program to 9+ win seasons and compete for conference championships, i don't know if anyone can here anymore... 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, I am I said:

I can be satisfied  because, like a previous poster said, it’s entertainment. I simply cannot watch the NFL anymore besides a playoff game or damn good matchup because the  product is just not entertaining. (Timeouts, cost, replays, free agency, millionaires, flags, sit-outs..etc) 

I care more about Nebraska and willfully engage in all aspects because it entertains me. A bunch of 18-22 yr old players gonna affect my week anymore like when I was 7-30 yrs old?? Hell no. 

I want us to win so bad and I want the glory to return to the STATE and to it’s people. The stadium will always be there, the colors will always be Scarlett and Cream, the band will always play Hail Varsity; and hopefully we all will always cheer. But I’m done with the negativity and gut wrenching. 

I will be satisfied when we are just competitive and have a chance to win most of the games. Let the Deed be the Glory, truly. The nuance is just entertaining and removes me from daily grind. Talking to my dad and brothers about the Cornhuskers like we do the weather, taking my son to a game or two. Tailgating and talking smack to my buddies. 

All the championships and trophies will be icing. I can be satisfied again because I have perspective and believe Frost can bring some icing. In the meantime, I’ll just be entertained. 

And I’ll add...I’m all in.   I never sit down, I yell like hell, I have Husker gear, I say GBR to any hat I see anywhere, I follow these threads and recruiting...I love Nebraska and that’s enough satisfaction for me. 

Thanks for stating my own feelings...Only much better.

I usually only watch part of an NFL game if I find out there's a Husker on the team...I try to watch the local team a little since the QB is playing like I hoped 2AM would this year...Plus Larry Fitzgerald is just fun to watch.

Our last 20 seasons have honed? me to the point of not letting the first Husker loss of the season ruin my year and hopefully, get some sort of a life.

16 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The idea that Michigan fans are dissatisfied with what Jim Harbaugh has done is ridiculous. The 2 coaches before him were complete dumpster fires, and expecting more than what JH has accomplished there each and every year is utterly unreasonable. He hasn't beaten Ohio State yet, but very few teams have...

I'm with a few others here. Scott Frost is the guy. He's an exciting young coach, the last QB to win a national title here, and has proven his upside both on the field and in recruiting. If he can't bring this program to 9+ win seasons and compete for conference championships, i don't know if anyone can here anymore... 

How do you feel about Verduzco?

I keep wondering if he's been in each QB's ear about Running being a last resort...Body preservation 

8 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

How do you feel about Verduzco?

I keep wondering if he's been in each QB's ear about Running being a last resort...Body preservation 

I don't know enough about the coaches, how they operate day to day, what they're asking the players to do, etc to answer that. If you're going off pure on field performance, the biggest positions that worry me would be LB & OL.

OL is young with some square pegs, so i think that will get better but will just take time. The LB play deeply concerns me, and if we're seeing the same things in 2 years, Frost will have to make a move on his defensive staff.