Iowa Rivalry

Wouldn't it be great to use this extra non-conf game to setup a new rivalry out of conference?

Hear me out it would be like CSU-CU but we would take on Iowa? This is probably not a new idea but what are the chances? I think it would be a great matchup and we could play it every year. I dunno just sitting here realizing that OU is gone as a rival as long as we are part of the Big 12 and I dont really want to recognize CU as anything but a turkey game.

your thoughts would be appreciated

Maybe compare it more to like FSU-Miami, 2 close teams from 2 confrences I would love it but it wouldnt be smart to play them every year and still play a "big name" team when other teams in the nation play a AA cupcake or a terrible 1A team. And without playing in new areas, it will kill us recruting wise

Maybe compare it more to like FSU-Miami, 2 close teams from 2 confrences I would love it but it wouldnt be smart to play them every year and still play a "big name" team when other teams in the nation play a AA cupcake or a terrible 1A team. And without playing in new areas, it will kill us recruting wise

FSU and Miami are in the same conf.

I agree if we do that we shouldnt schedule anymore

tough teams to play that year. :thumbs

I think it would be great if we could play Iowa. Even if people want this game to have some recruiting areas, Iowa does. They're always producing big, strong lineman that are highly ranked by various recruting websites, so I think we could use this game for both a great rivalry game and good recruiting grounds.

I like your idea of an out of conference rival, but i would like one with a recruiting base better than Iowa. I mean if we are going to do it, do it where we can get the most benifit.

Agreed. Iowa actually bores me. I don't think the rivalry would attract new recruits (except maybe from Iowa). I would prefer Michigan. Both fan bases are diehard/fanatical. Large stadiums. A grudge that has never died (who really was the national champion? Two prennial powerhouses with strong traditions. And the game would get national attention. Of course, Michigan has Notre Dame and MSU....they probably don't need another rival.

I Michigan/Nebraska rivalry could rival the Notre Dame/UCS rivalry. It would be teams from different areas, but with plenty of history. That game could decide who the national champion is every year if it happened, except that Michigan is overrated and would already have a few losses when we play.

I like your idea of an out of conference rival, but i would like one with a recruiting base better than Iowa. I mean if we are going to do it, do it where we can get the most benifit.

Like one of the Florida schools. That would be huge, not only would it be on TV every year but I think it would affect the National Championship race every year now that we're on the rise again. Maybe even Cal, UCLA or USC.

I really like the Idea....but not sure about Iowa. I would like to think that Nebraska had it with Oklahoma but that's lost. I don't think that there is any team that has the value to compete with Nebraska ever year......Unless Miami wants to come to Lincoln...LOL.