Frustrations of the fan base

BigPeterJ

2 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

The two year extension has me a little concerned. 

Not that I don't hope Frost is our last B coach of my lifetime, but it strikes me as a desperation move to try to help recruiting.

Our staff has always had some hardships recruiting to DONU but at times, we've had the reputation of getting the most out of a player which became a big draw to ''blue chips'' in the past.   

Maybe this admin is recognizing Frost's national perception of turning around a program ''window'' is closing fast due to our gametime problems making adjustments.

I have no problem with Moos making a statement that Frost is our guy and he fully supports him. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Not that I don't hope Frost is our last B coach of my lifetime, but it strikes me as a desperation move to try to help recruiting.

Our staff has always had some hardships recruiting to DONU but at times, we've had the reputation of getting the most out of a player which became a big draw to ''blue chips'' in the past.   

Maybe this admin is recognizing Frost's national perception of turning around a program ''window'' is closing fast due to our gametime problems making adjustments.

I think it is in part desperation, sure. I also think it's really our best option at this point. If we don't give the home state hero a significant amount of time to try and fix this, than the job is less appealing to the next guy.  So we double down on Frost by extending him to demonstrate solidarity. 

In Frost and I think the majority of the staff, we have coaches that truly care and want to turn this around. Are they capable of doing that? I think so, but the lack of progress to this point is certainly concerning.  I think the worst case scenario here is we give Frost his 5 years or so and if he can't get this heading in the right direction, we have state of the art facilities to try and attract the next guy. 

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Isn’t it pretty much standard fare anymore to extend coaches contracts like this. And of course it is done to help recruiting, all the time, by everyone that is not planning to fire their coach (and sometimes by those who are). I don’t see any desperation in it at all. He’s not even through the 2nd season of a complete radical rebuild. Sure we all wanted more out of this 2nd season but anyone who expected another UCF year two or who is already looking to jump ship and thinking about changing coaches, well, that’s more of a specific fan problem than any sign of desperation. There is absolutely no fast closing window in play here.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, theknife said:

In Frost and I think the majority of the staff, we have coaches that truly care and want to turn this around. Are they capable of doing that? I think so, but the lack of progress to this point is certainly concerning.

The progress is mostly redshirted this season.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1