Buckhalter Involved in Health Care Fraud

Mavric

Ten former NFL players have been charged with defrauding the league’s health care benefit program out of $3.4 million in alleged false claims, the Justice Department said Thursday.

According to the charging documents, the players submitted $3.9 million in false and fraudulent claims to the plan, resulting in $3.4 million being paid out on those claims between June 2017 and December 2018.

“The defendants allegedly submitted false claims to the plan and obtained money for expensive medical equipment that was never purchased or received, depriving that plan of valuable resources to help others meet their medical needs," said U.S. Attorney Robert M. Duncan Jr., in a news release announcing the charges.

The indictment filed in federal court in Kentucky alleges they fabricated letters from health care providers about using the medical equipment, fabricated prescriptions that were purportedly signed by healthcare providers and created fake invoices from medical equipment companies in an effort to prove the equipment was purchased.

Link

In addition to Portis and Rogers, former NFL players charged with crimes by the feds are Robert McCune, John Eubanks, Tamarick Vanover, Ceandris Brown, James Butler, Frederick Bennett, Correll Buckhalter and Etric Pruitt.

Link

1 hour ago, Big Red Viking said:

Buckhalter, Baldwin, Benning and Philips Tom's all criminal backfield and not one to be proud of.  But he is innocent until proven guilty.

Buckhalter -- 20+ years after his association with Tom and Nebraska football.

Baldwin - psychotic episodes, nothing to do with Tom

Benning - I guess I missed what his crimes were, inform me please?

Philip - that one sticks

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Big Red Viking said:

Buckhalter, Baldwin, Benning and Phillips Tom's all criminal backfield and not one to be proud of.  But he is innocent until proven guilty.

I hate even seeing that name.  I encountered that freak while at the old fountain by the Union one Saturday.  He was riding shotgun in a red Miata and his arms were hanging out over the door and he had that insane, blank, soulless stare as the car wheeled around the corner.  He looked right at me and I got a chill;  not the kind that you get when you see a celebrity that you admire and respect. 

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

I hate even seeing that name.  I encountered that freak while at the old fountain by the Union one Saturday.  He was riding shotgun in a red Miata and his arms were hanging out over the door and he had that insane, blank, soulless stare as the car wheeled around the corner.  He looked right at me and I got a chill;  not the kind that you get when you see a celebrity that you admire and respect. 

Was that during his playing days or afterwards?  I'm guessing during, since he didn't come back much (or ever?) after '95.  

3 hours ago, NUance said:

Was that during his playing days or afterwards?  I'm guessing during, since he didn't come back much (or ever?) after '95.  

You made me try to remember the year.  It was when the old configuration of that area included a street that ran right by the fountain and around in a sort of horseshoe shape, past several halls including the one where I used to drop off my wife at UNL nursing college. 

5 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Buckhalter -- 20+ years after his association with Tom and Nebraska football.

Baldwin - psychotic episodes, nothing to do with Tom

Benning - I guess I missed what his crimes were, inform me please?

Philip - that one sticks

Benning got popped the same weekend as Phillips for assaulting a woman.  When you're a scrub you don't get the same headlines as a starter.  Talk to his ex wives and you'll see he has a history of assaulting women.

• Thanks 1