Damon Benning insights on USC game

Man! Seems like a lot of negative thinking going on here. SOunds like some of you already have them losing the game. Screw Damon Benning and what he thinks. He hasn't been around the program for awhile nor has he seen any progress that has been made in summer camp. Besides that he screwed my mom out of a book my bro gave him to have autographed by Tom Osborne! This team will be successfull period and end of story! :restore

we would be foolish to think we can waltz in their stadium and soundly beat them....i am hoping for a close game and a win.......same deal with Texas, both teams have quality athletes, although they don't have a lot of guys with a lot of experience, both teams are well coached.....remember, we lost to some poor Big 12 teams last year (Kansas, Missouri) so we have a lot to prove.....a lot....i like positive thinking, but we need to understand how much better we are going to have to play to win these games........hope we are that far along now....

hunter94

And reality kicks in the door. Thanks Hunter.

We have a chance to win against SC. Still the game is theirs to lose. Superior talent, home field advantage, winnning streak, our pathetic road record. These are things that need to be taken into coniseration.

Thinking that either of these games is going to be easy really seems clueless to me.

To think we can get light years better in a matter of months is hopefull at best. To think the two most talented teams in college football will be a lot worse is a fantasy. The timing on the SC game is to our advantage. Texas could be a different story.

Like I said, we have a chance at both games, but the betting odds for SC will not be in our favor no matter how much we think they have improved. If we get by SC with a win or close loss then things will change for the Texas game.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a chance, but I am not betting my house on the outcome of either game. Untill you are willing to do that, bragging about how we are this and that really does not mean much.

Good job quoting me there wrestler. Looks like a Michael Moore job to me. Didn't anybody tell you no mom jokes on the board. You guys have me all wrong here because I am not saying it's going to be easy but a little positive thinking about it would go a long way. Do you think that the players all sit in the locker room and say "well, this is a very talented team and I really hope we can win but reality is we could really lose. "Yeah good point there Zac we could lose because you know there is this reality thing we have to deal with and we lost to MU and KU last year." Let's get fired up baby! GO BIG F'N RED :steam

this team is night and day different in their confidence and swagger from 2 years ago. The defense is going to be better then alot of people are saying, especially the LBs, they are getting no love at this time but that is going to change.

the Huskers will need to be on their A game and prove that they can when on the road in hostal enviroments

On the defense he said the biggest issue is the lack of experience at safety. He said USC will exploit that.

I tend to agree with him there. I've heard people say Shanle is gonna be pretty good this year and that he's pretty fast, but Dwayne Jarrett is unbelievably talented. (Wasn't he runner-up for the Biletnikoff as a sophomore last season?) He's 6'5" 210 lbs and we don't have the biggest corners ever. But our d-line is pretty good and deep. Hopefully they'll get to the QB all game long so Jarrett can't hurt us.

I still think we have a pretty good chance of beating them though.