The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

When Mike "Smoking Isn't Harmful" Pence is running 3rd behind a guy with the charisma of a cardboard box and the twice impeached, multiple felony indicted disgraced stain on history, you know it's an absolutely all star lineup to choose from. 

It's an amazing group.  We all should want them controlling the free world.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

This article gives the pros and cons on trump being inevitably the nominee.    

GOP has really gotten pathetic.  80% polling goes to Trump or Trump want-to-be.    This party left me a long time ago.   I'm one of the millions looking for a new party. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4129822-will-trump-inevitably-be-the-gop-nominee-heres-the-case-for-and-against/

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

When Mike "Smoking Isn't Harmful" Pence is running 3rd behind a guy with the charisma of a cardboard box and the twice impeached, multiple felony indicted disgraced stain on history, you know it's an absolutely all star lineup to choose from. 

Here is Charlie Kirk's full statement.  He is the 'Anti-Romney'.  Sen Romney last week encouraged the GOP to unite behind one ant-trump candidate.  Kirk encourages the GOP to unite around the 2 time felon indited, twice impeached, RICO violating, insurrectionist  mafia boss.   The cult of Trump is alive and well.  

The newly released New York Times/Siena Poll should confirm what many of us have suspected for months now: The GOP primary is over. I like Governor DeSantis and have tremendous respect for him as a man and as a governor. I consider him a friend and I believe he's America’s greatest governor. As such I have refused to get in the mud and attack him. He is a great American and I want him to remain a dominant political player for years/decades to come. But his campaign has failed to gain traction. Now is the time for conservatives to unite and defeat the Democrats and their machine in 2024. Yes, Trump will be facing 4-5 indictments. But the American people see through them as the political witch hunt that they are. They recognize that the intel agencies and the federal leviathan has been weaponized to eliminate their number 1 threat. But, our greatest challenge ahead of 2024 is the $ billions that will be spent on ballot harvesting, negative ads, and lawsuits by a well-funded and motivated left. They will outperform polling in key districts because they are investing resources to get out low-propensity voters who otherwise couldn't be bothered. Will the GOP do the same? We simply cannot afford to waste $1.5 billion on a pointless massacre of a primary. We will not have enough left over to properly invest in ballot chasing in key states—investments that must be made NOW. We must unite.

• Plus1 1

Donald Trump's world is crumbling around him. He faces substantiated charges ranging from sexual assault to treason. His campaign fundraising has been exposed as a straight-up grift. Lawyers no longer want to represent him. His public pronouncements have only gotten more threatening, extreme and/or incoherent, promising retribution to the once-loyal who have slandered or abandoned him. Far from chastened by January 6, he has upped the call for violent insurrection. He is a worse version of the man we were warned about 8 years ago. 

Yesterday's NYT Poll for the 2024 election is Trump 43% Biden 43%

And yeah, the Republican Primary is essentially over. 

Again, I keep hearing from sensible Republicans who want the Trump circus to be over. But they don't seem to exist in real life. And the folks still holding onto the belief that Trump ain't gonna win because all of the above need to wake the f#&% up. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, I keep hearing from sensible Republicans who want the Trump circus to be over. But they don't seem to exist in real life. And the folks still holding onto the belief that Trump ain't gonna win because all of the above need to wake the f#&% up. 

I do too, but then i look on twitter and see one person replying to Charlie Kirk's recent tweet saying they won't vote for trump, and then about 60-75 responses to that saying 'then you were never a true republican', 'you should vote for trump if you love our country', and 'you're the problem'. 

• TBH 1

It's probably too easy to blame Fox News, but I blame Fox News anyway.

Every night they craft a narrative that sounds just like facts and news, giving wavering Republicans the strength to believe they're still the good guys in the Good vs. Bad debate. And by "good" of course I mean not as bad as the Biden Crime Family. 

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's probably too easy to blame Fox News, but I blame Fox News anyway.

Every night they craft a narrative that sounds just like facts and news, giving wavering Republicans the strength to believe they're still the good guys in the Good vs. Bad debate. And by "good" of course I mean not as bad as the Biden Crime Family. 

The people watching are also adults, eager to have their worldview confirmed.

Instead of blaming Fox News for turning their viewers' brains into mashed potatoes, plays blame the viewers for having mashed potatoes for brains. 

That doesn't mean Fox News isn't at fault, but all too often we refuse to blame the voters down the street or who live next door. We need to stop coddling adults and giving stupid people an out for their actions.

• TBH 1
37 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The people watching are also adults, eager to have their worldview confirmed.

Instead of blaming Fox News for turning their viewers' brains into mashed potatoes, plays blame the viewers for having mashed potatoes for brains. 

That doesn't mean Fox News isn't at fault, but all too often we refuse to blame the voters down the street or who live next door. We need to stop coddling adults and giving stupid people an out for their actions.

Fox News had a business plan to end up where they and their viewers are now.  They started with little lies or misleading statements.  People got sucked in and believed them when they said every other news outlet are lying to them and in bed with liberals.  So, they then had a captive audience that wasn't listening to anyone else.  They then could turn up the misleading info more and more to a point where they could pretty much say anything and these sheep would believe them if it made libs look bad.

The same way cult leaders do it.  But...in the end, you also have to blame the cult members, just like the Fox viewers for allowing themselves to be sucked in.  They want to believe this stuff so bad that they won't listen to anyone else telling them it's a lie.  

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election