The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

What you are telling me here is that I was correct in my assessment even in the face of a few posters trying to disagree.   Thanks for the confirmation article.   

You claimed that people get more conservative as they get older. This tweet is saying that isn’t necessarily true anymore. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh I guess I didn’t realize the Mueller report, IG report AND Durham report no longer exist.   Hang tight to the Russian collusion, hang tight for all your might.   

Are you telling me the Republican party doesn't have a Russia problem right now?

Or is this typical Archy, where you put all your eggs in an old semantic basket and pretend you're not wrong?

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3
18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are you telling me the Republican party doesn't have a Russia problem right now?

Or is this typical Archy, where you put all your eggs in an old semantic basket and pretend you're not wrong?

Are you telling me those reports don’t exist.   Or is this typical Guy trying to revive Russia Russia Russia collusion while discounting the Government investigations into it so you can pretend it exists?  

Keep in mind HRC and the DNC used Russian disinformation to try and win in 2016 and Putin’s comments in Feb about Joe and Don.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh I guess I didn’t realize the Mueller report, IG report AND Durham report no longer exist. 

Yeah, It absolutely tracks that you have forgotten the existence of reports saying things like, "“numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign.”, “a Russian entity carried out a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.”, “[a] statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.”, and “investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3
  • TBH 1
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you telling me those reports don’t exist.   Or is this typical Guy trying to revive Russia Russia Russia collusion while discounting the Government investigations into it so you can pretend it exists?  

Keep in mind HRC and the DNC used Russian disinformation to try and win in 2016 and Putin’s comments in Feb about Joe and Don.  

I chose my words carefully. Answer the f#&%ing question.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Yeah, It absolutely tracks that you have forgotten the existence of reports saying things like, "“numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign.”, “a Russian entity carried out a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.”, “[a] statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.”, and “investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

I'm just trying to move beyond Archy's fixation on the Mueller Report to the much larger collusion taking place in broad daylight as we speak. 

(Although I will pause to note you forgot to mention it produced 8 felony convictions, including Donald Trump's campaign manager. That's something that shouldn't happen if it's nothing)

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It absolutely tracks that the Steele dossier purchased by DNC and defective HRC was Russian disinformation designed to hurt the Trump campaign and also the Presidency if elected.   And it did.   DNC didn’t purposely use Russian disinformation because they were trying to advance Russian goals.  They used it because they thought they could politically benefit from it. Great job guys! 

At some point, hopefully in the very near future, you all will realize Russia doesn’t really give a s#!t about which party is elected.  Sowing all this confusion and fake info, bickering and get everyone silo’d is the main goal.  

Root out the REAL Russian spies and co-conspirators, which are few and far between in reality.   But stop with the nonsense that continues to get skewed about a political party trying to do Russia’s bidding, or a President trying to do Russia’s bidding.   Until then, you are just unwittingly helping out that Russian cause.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

(Although I will pause to note you forgot to mention it produced 8 felony convictions, including Donald Trump's campaign manager. That's something that shouldn't happen if it's nothing)

What was he convicted for?  Was it Russian collusion?  Was a convicted for a crime that took place while he working for the campaign? 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I chose my words carefully. Answer the f#&%ing question.

It was stupid vague question. But I’ll give it go….No.    

Russia does not control a United States political party.  IMO, if you were asking me a better question….The problem the GOP has is too many of its supporters and some mouthpieces like POS Jack Pososomething or even now Tucker Carlson are leaning into the Russia thing now trying to be too cute by half.   They want to hate on The Big Guy so much and are angry the fake Russia DNC claims ridiculously gained traction, that they try and make these stupid a$$ claims like “look how strong Putin looks compared to feeble Joe” or “the Wokeness is killing the US but look how Russia handles it”…etc…etc…etc….

Those ridiculous comments and other like them are not designed to be pro-Russia.   They are stupidly designed to be comments on Joe’s Presidency.   

Newsweek then does the DNC’s bidding by bringing up a 2018 non-story that no one else seems to be taking about.  Yet it gets the tweets going and the usual suspects on the left squawking back and forth about Russia Russia Russia on X amplifying it.   

Now answer my perfectly crafted question.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It absolutely tracks that the Steele dossier purchased by DNC and defective HRC was Russian disinformation designed to hurt the Trump campaign and also the Presidency if elected.   And it did.   DNC didn’t purposely use Russian disinformation because they were trying to advance Russian goals.  They used it because they thought they could politically benefit from it. Great job guys! 

At some point, hopefully in the very near future, you all will realize Russia doesn’t really give a s#!t about which party is elected.  Sowing all this confusion and fake info, bickering and get everyone silo’d is the main goal.  

Root out the REAL Russian spies and co-conspirators, which are few and far between in reality.   But stop with the nonsense that continues to get skewed about a political party trying to do Russia’s bidding, or a President trying to do Russia’s bidding.   Until then, you are just unwittingly helping out that Russian cause.  

Ok, so you’re saying we should stop believing people who told us that Joe was involved with Hunter in business to profit from corruption and that he had the Ukrainian prosecutor fired to cover it up?

OK.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Almost every point here is wrong. 

Barack Obama pointedly avoided publicizing the intel he was getting from the intelligence community on Trump and Associates shady dealings and Moscow's social media intervention because he thought it would actually backfire as a campaign ploy. When Hillary Clinton wondered aloud in the debates why Putin would prefer Donald Trump, it was a very good question that has since been answered: Trump had Putin's back from Day One, and steered America to the anti-NATO position Putin could barely dream of. Do you honestly think Putin doesn't care which President he gets to play with? 

As for that Steele Dossier? Yeah, that was good campaign fodder because it was so salacious. While you like to remember it being disproven, take away some of that salacious stuff, and it mostly bolstered the case that Trump was balls deep in Russia and Putin had every intention of helping him win the Presidency. Fun fact: the dossier was originally funded by never-Trump Republicans, including a Marco Rubio supporter. Regardless of party affiliation, anyone with a brain could see Trump was a national security disaster waiting to happen.

Several key allegations made in June 2016 about the Russian government's efforts to get Trump elected were later described as "prescient"[7] because they were corroborated six months later in the January 2017 report by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence[8][9] and the Mueller Report, namely that Vladimir Putin favored Trump over Hillary Clinton;[8][10] that he personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's campaign and to "undermine public faith in the US democratic process"; that he ordered cyberattacks on both parties;[8] and that many Trump campaign officials and associates had numerous secretive contacts with Russian officials and agents.[11][12] While Steele's documents played a significant role in initially highlighting the general friendliness between Trump and the Putin administration, the veracity of specific allegations is highly variable. Some have been publicly confirmed,[9][13][8][10] others are plausible but not specifically confirmed,[14][15] and some are dubious in retrospect but not strictly disproven.[16][17][18]

In summary: collusion is a serious charge BECAUSE of its potential for letting a foreign government exert undue influence on U.S. affairs. In 2024 America, 8 years removed from the Steele Dossier, the Republican Party and its media mouthpieces have taken their lead from standard-bearer Donald Trump, following an untraditional path of Russian appeasement, NATO bashing, and increasingly Zelensky bashing, while potential Trump VP candidate and major GOP influencer Tucker Carlson travels to Russia, gives Putin a blatant propaganda platform, and literally celebrates the glory of modern Russia while admonishing the U.S. as the lesser country. Un-fcking-believable. This is the s#!t Jane Fonda was roasted for. So yes, the GOP has a Russia problem. 

But like I said.....take Russia off the table completely and there are still tons of rock solid reasons to fear a Trump presidency. Just knowing you plant to write-in Ron DeSantis gives me hope for the future. 

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election