The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Why do you think I chose that example? 

Trying to make this easy for you, Arch.

Ahh 4D chess :rolleyes:

Are you trying to say we don’t REALLY need to worry about a coming civil war because we already are in one?   Geeee thanks Joe:thumbs

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

But, in all honesty, the chances of a Civil War are 0% for a variety of reasons.

If we can agree to use lower cap civil war -- partisan opposition intense enough to spur physical face-offs and violence for months or years -- I'd put it at a solid 22%.  That's a reasonable number based on my hunch that scenarios like J6 and the Gaza protests could be made broader and nastier with the right players stoking the fires. Not so hard to imagine.

The apathetic majority will still be able to watch this on TV and cluck about it on Facebook.

I think it's pretty generous of me to give things a 78% chance of not escalating. Since 2015 I've been quite wrong about what could never happen in the United States. What we are considering status quo in 2024 is real boil-the-frog s#!t. 

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you trying to say we don’t REALLY need to worry about a coming civil war because we already are in one?   Geeee thanks Joe:thumbs

No. Not at all. How do you pull that out the post? What's f#&%ing wrong with you?  

• TBH 2
9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If we can agree to use lower cap civil war -- partisan opposition intense enough to spur physical face-offs and violence for months or years -- I'd put it at a solid 22%.  That's a reasonable number based on my hunch that scenarios like J6 and the Gaza protests could be made broader and nastier with the right players stoking the fires. Not so hard to imagine.

I would agree with everything you just said yet wouldn’t call it a civil war.  I would also suggest that the left will go bats#!t crazy upon the off chance Trump actually wins and the new protests by the Left will be deadlier and more costly than the BLM summer of madness. 

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No. Not at all. How do you pull that out the post? What's f#&%ing wrong with you?  

Oh ok.  Sorry.  Your carefully worded post makes it sound so.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would agree with everything you just said yet wouldn’t call it a civil war.  I would also suggest that the left will go bats#!t crazy upon the off chance Trump actually wins and the new protests by the Left will be deadlier and more costly than the BLM summer of madness. 

No civil war love for the people who have promised a civil war if Trump isn't elected? Having already proved their willingness? Sure about that? And no blame on Trump should he execute the vengeance he's promised? Would standing against Trump be madness, or just the opposite? Could have sworn you agreed the man was unhinged.

Oh ok.  Sorry.  Your carefully worded post makes it sound so.  

The part where I'm clearly worried and you're clearly not?

Should have posted it here 

It is official on my site.

The line is now even money.  Each month (or so) the gambling line has changed in favor of JB.

It is not -115 each.

And still +3000 for RFKjr

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

wow, what a complete meltdown

Yeah, not only did he not meltdown, he made it into the kind of joke his fans can appreciate. Say what you will about Trump, he is never fazed by his improv public performances and neither are his supporters.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think I missed the part of the video that showed the meltdown 

I don't care about the "melt down" comment.  I found it funny that in the same day, he first ridicules Biden because he "has to use a teleprompter"....only to go to the net rally and has to stop his speech because he couldn't see his teleprompter.

Typical Trump.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Might as well put this hear.  I used to watch Stern when he was on E all the time in college.  LOVED his show and I have always thought he was one of the best interviewers ever, I know he will sometimes talk over the guest a bit but that happens.  Now I will just catch some highlights of his shows here and there.

And no, I have not listened to it yet.  First I have to pick which movie I am showing in class today.  Rocky IV?  I mean, we are talking about the Cold War.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Might as well put this hear.  I used to watch Stern when he was on E all the time in college.  LOVED his show and I have always thought he was one of the best interviewers ever, I know he will sometimes talk over the guest a bit but that happens.  Now I will just catch some highlights of his shows here and there.

And no, I have not listened to it yet.  First I have to pick which movie I am showing in class today.  Rocky IV?  I mean, we are talking about the Cold War.

You are correct about his interviews.  What I always thought is that he was always willing to ask the question that so many other people want to ask but are scared to do so....and he would do it in a way that the person would actually answer and not be offended.