Breaking News!!!

The other recruit went to Oregon. (Ducks) He reached a plea bargain almost emediately, and was with Oregon directly afterwards, way before Major had even began talks about a plea bargain. Oregon didn't even consider pulling any scholy. Apparently they (Oregon Xucks) didn't see the crime as such a nasty offence. In the same note Oregon must have seen it as a Major Offence! <_<

I was waiting for this to happen. It came out in the Nebraska papers yesterday and today it went national. I saw a story on Fox Sports Net that stated he was going to get his schollie. They didn't say anything negative about the situation, but I figured once it went national, there would be people bitching about it. I'm sure no mention was made about the Oregon recruit who received the same charges. Hopefully Major will keep on the straight and narrow and this whole thing will blow over and prove to be a good decision.

Sorry I did not read all the previous posts before posting the following.

I guess it has already started.

Personally I doubt it will ever blow over if it gets on ESPN. It will always be compared to LP no matter the situation. The Pac10 will use it in recruiting. "Look at Nebraska, they take criminals to win, do you want your son at a place that takes kids on probation for five years." That will be the line no matter how he turns out. Recruiting is a ruthless game.

I hope for BC's sake he turns out okay. I could care less if he ever plays or becomes a great player. I just pray he stays out of trouble. This program does not need any negative publicity. I think we will get qutie a bit from this down the road.

But BC has met him and made him understand what Nebraska expects. I hope Major understands the great opportunity BC has given him, and the chance he has taken for him. He owes this staff and program an awful lot.

I know some do not agree with my thoughts and I do not want to discuss it further. These are my last comments on it. Our head coach has spoken and I will live with it.

It is a sad situation when all we think about is winning. It is not the Nebraska idea.

There will be no positives from this.

Every single person here would be ridiculing any other major program for taking him. You can not have it both ways. We will be the laughing stock on this for a long long time. Whether it be earned or not is not the question. Will allowing him on the team hurt the image of this program is the question. We still have not recoverd or heard the end of LP. This is just another chapter for the press and the idiot fans to grab on to.

No one is grabbing at straws. This will be with us for a long time even if he never screws up.

But hopefully he won't screw up, and maybe even do some good off the field in Lincoln. Sure if it happened elsewhere we would be laughing at them, and pointing at them, but he is here, so we have to back up BC and we have to back Culbert because that's all we can do. I hope this kid becomes an All-Big XII, if not All-American performer for us, and shows everybody what kind of talent he has. So I'm backing him, BC, and the rest of the husker program, because well, I have to.

It is a sad situation when all we think about is winning.  It is not the Nebraska idea. 

There will be no positives from this.

Every single person here would be ridiculing any other major program for taking him.  You can not have it both ways.  We will be the laughing stock on this for a long long time.  Whether it be earned or not is not the question.  Will allowing him  on the team hurt the image of this program is the question.  We still have not recoverd or heard the end of LP.  This is just another chapter for the press and the idiot fans to grab on to. 

No one is grabbing at straws.  This will be with us for a long time even if he never screws up.

So are you saying we should have told this kid there is no chance of redemption or second chances here at Nebraska. You must have lived a very clean and mistake free life. remember these are kids and will make mistakes along the way. Part of WINNING is seeing the Kids become MEN and being productive outside of football. So yes I think of winning all the time, not just on saturdays.

There very well could be alot of positives from this. I will give Major the benifit of the doubt. When he shows that he made a mistake, bucked up and took his punishment and abided by the rules and has a successfull career. Think what kind of message that will send compared to the one. If you screw up 1 time you are out of here and not welcome here. the parents of future prospects can look and say "hey these guys really do care how my kid will develope as a human, not just as a football player.

I do not care if people try to make jokes about this. I wish there was a way to see how many players on every team in the country had done something similar or worse. We will deal with those that want to ridicule us as we always have. HUSKER PRIDE we do not let others influence our way of life.

the lp situation, turned out bad for lp we did what we could to help him. He is responsible for what he does not the university for giving him a chance. That is what discipline is all about. To teach a lesson. If the person or player does not learn from their mistake, then it is on him not the institution. If major messes this chance up, then it is on him not the team, staff, school, state or fans. HIM AND HIM ALONE.

In short, I disagree with your assesment.

GBR