Eight Husker Football Players Sue the Big Ten

knapplc

I really doubt players’ suit is dropped as condition of some agreement to play at a future date. It is also too late to file (a call to Lanc Cty Court revealed no recent filings as of today btw although I admit I did not personally look

at file - just over phone with Clerk’s office).  I cannot see a good reason for players to settle for anything less than relief being asked for.  Damage plus fees plus full discovery.  The minutes and by laws and action taken is vital to determine losses and so on.  Big Ten would love to hide their activities but another suit(s) will follow.  I expect quite a few more suits to come.  Not sure about Ohio suing but the states have possible actions - but documents will be critical.  Be very complicated if OSU doesnt have copies (likely do but ???).  

This would be fun for law students if the cases start flying.  

If Big Ten has breached some big TV or other deals, damages grow fast.  If they fail to find a way to minimize damages, an involuntary bankruptcy could be filed against the conference.  I am not a bankruptcy expert by any means but that would be a real risk in the coming months if things get out of control.  

A Minnesota regent was on the Finebaum show saying he wasn't informed of the decision to cancel the season and Tom Mars and others have speculated that could be in violation of the B1G bylaws which theoretically the NU lawsuit could expose.

Also speculating that there is an agreement that if football is reinstated the NU lawyers won't release the discovery that had to be turned over which aligns with...

• Plus1 1