Huskers National Heroes When Big10 Starts in October

Omaha fan

5 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

And secondly, I realize there are economic considerations that come into play, but if the election in a few battleground states comes down to whether or not the B1G plays college football, an amateur sport, then I don't know what to think

I do: Welcome to Costco--I love you.

This post is brought to you by Carl's Jr. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

First off, our best and fastest hope for a viable vaccine is AZD1222, which was developed by Oxford University and licensed by AstraZeneca, but of which are British entities. Other than some Phase III trials being conducted in the US, no one on this side of the pond, namely the President, should be taking ANY credit for its (potential) success. 

And secondly, I realize there are economic considerations that come into play, but if the election in a few battleground states comes down to whether or not the B1G plays college football, an amateur sport, then I don't know what to think. Just to clarify, if appropriate safety measures can be followed (which from the sounds of it, NU is on top of things), then I fully support starting the season as soon as possible. But who I vote for in November will NOT be impacted either way. This country has way bigger fish to fry.

I never said the president had anything to do with the vaccine or getting the BiG10 back to play.

What I said was there is a certain segment of our population that will vote on how they feel things are going.

Getting back to normal-trump

Chaos-not moving back to normal-biden

Those battleground states are decided by just a few percentage points/ so it just takes a tiny percentage of voters to swing those states and therefore the election. Doesn’t matter if he solved the problem or not, they don’t care. Is progress being made or not? 

Just think how important college football is to the psyches, culture and economies that affect so many people. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
7 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

but if the election in a few battleground states comes down to whether or not the B1G plays college football, an amateur sport, then I don't know what to think.

I guess the second crossing of the Rubicon??  It all hinges on the B1G 10 :B):smokin

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's chaos now. Trump is in charge now. 

Your math isn't checking out.

My point was where people seeing this moving, if it’s positive trump is back in. If not it’s Harris/Biden. So yes football will sway how people feel this is heading. 

I didn’t support or vote for trump last time. I could easily show you numbers to prove you are wrong but I was told we aren’t supposed to go all political here so I won’t. Very tempting to do though/easy to prove. ThAnks though 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I'm not a betting man, but I'd be willing to wager a few bucks that Trump takes credit for a vaccine, regardless of its origin.

No doubt, guaranteed

they all do

He can take credit for getting the domestic manufacturing and distribution plan in place to rapidly deploy once the vaccine is a go

He’s not doing a Kevin Warren on this one thank goodness. Will “Kevin warrening it” become a phrase we use 10 years from now? Lol 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

I didn’t support or vote for trump last time.

Oh, sure. Nobody who praises him now ever did. 

6 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

He can take credit for getting the domestic manufacturing and distribution plan in place to rapidly deploy once the vaccine is a go

But he didn't do anything. Like his healthcare program. Like the new trade deal with China. Like infrastructure week. Like his failed university he had to give refunds on. Like his promise to save coal. Like his failure with the Trump charity. There's a list 100 items long of things he said he did that he didn't do. 

He stands at a podium and blathers something half comprehensible, and his true believers accept it without critical thought. 

But I know that's not you. Because you didn't support him or vote for him. You're just in here regurgitating his lies, over and over. 

Weird.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Oh, sure. Nobody who praises him now ever did. 

But he didn't do anything. Like his healthcare program. Like the new trade deal with China. Like infrastructure week. Like his failed university he had to give refunds on. Like his promise to save coal. Like his failure with the Trump charity. There's a list 100 items long of things he said he did that he didn't do. 

He stands at a podium and blathers something half comprehensible, and his true believers accept it without critical thought. 

But I know that's not you. Because you didn't support him or vote for him. You're just in here regurgitating his lies, over and over. 

Weird.

I thought  pure politics were banned from this boArd?  I could respond but I’m not supposed to right? Or I could do a pelosi where no one can get their hair cut or be arrested,  but I can do it thing , I won’t. Lol 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Omaha fan said:

I thought  pure politics were banned from this boArd?  I could respond but I’m not supposed to right? Or I could do a pelosi where no one can get their hair cut or be arrested,  but I can do it thing , I won’t. Lol 

If you think politics are banned from this forum, why do you keep inserting them into non-political conversations?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Enhance has called you out personally several times to knock it off, but...

TVmnRDq.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Politics have some bearing on some of the decisions being made here in the Big10 and if we are going to Play football or not. As well as the ramifications of if we do or dont play.   Im not about full on political posts having nothing to do with football, like youre doing. I’m not going to come out and blast Harris/ Biden like you are doing other people. 

you seem very interested/ obsessed though. Sorry back to work so I can help keep the country afloat. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1