Illinois Week Pressers

seaofred92

B1G adjusting to us, apparently

Frost noted that the last few games opposing defenses have played the Huskers completely different than what they showed on previous tape. Frost said they’re also seeing different things from opposing defenses on the third trip through the Big Ten West. 

“We need to do a good job of adjusting to those things and creating some opportunities,” Frost said. “We got some looks the last couple weeks that we weren’t expecting. Part of that is we just need to block better or break a tackle and make somebody miss from time to time. I think those things will come.”

• Haha 3
Just now, Mavric said:

B1G adjusting to us, apparently

Frost noted that the last few games opposing defenses have played the Huskers completely different than what they showed on previous tape. Frost said they’re also seeing different things from opposing defenses on the third trip through the Big Ten West. 

“We need to do a good job of adjusting to those things and creating some opportunities,” Frost said. “We got some looks the last couple weeks that we weren’t expecting. Part of that is we just need to block better or break a tackle and make somebody miss from time to time. I think those things will come.”

I've been chalking that up to the coaches, but it is a good point on the "block better or break a tackle/make someone miss." For all I know the coaches have been on top of in game adjustments to our plays, and it's young players not being able to adjust to running it differently than they have been in practice. Gotta put your guys in position to make plays, but they may be doing that schematically on the fly and guys are struggling to grasp it immediately in the game.

• Plus1 2