Could we do it?

I know we have talked about this before, but do you think we could ever reach 100,000 in Memorial Stadium? I am one to think we could. As it stands right now, it will reach mid 80s this season with the 6,000+ new seats. As stated in a few articles from Huskers.com, there were thousands of other fans who got turned down for new season tickets because of various reasons (donation amount and LACK OF SEATS). Here is my suggestions so that everyone will be happy:

1. Add more seats to the EAST BALCONY. This might be tough as the main foundation is more than likely too old for it. So my conclution was, why not just make some sort of seperate balcony, thus making the east side 3 tiers. The people who give more $$$ will get these seats (more expensive seats).

2. Make every section a differnt price. The sideline seats should be heads above heals more than the ones in sect 40 row 96. The donations would factor in on this as well.

I know I may have been rambling a bit. It would just be nice to have tickets year in year out with out breaking the bank. A trip to Lincoln with gas, food, parking and tickets for two people for me is nearly 200 bucks. I know college football is all about money now (unlike the 80s/early 90s), but it should be afordable for all. I can't even count the number of people who have told me they woould go to games all the time if it was affordable. In conclution, I'd like to see 5,000 more seats in the east stadium. Yeah we might never reach 100,000. But everyone who wants to could go to the game could, if tickets were affordable. No matter what they would sell out. THIS IS NEBRASKA!!!

I think 100,000 is attainable eventually, maybe 20-30 years from now. I think they want to add on little by little so that the demand is always met and that the games continue to sell out. I dropped out of engineering school, so I am not sure about the foundation needed to support it, or where seats could be added on, but if the demand will be there, it will continue to grow.

I think as we expand on each side of the stadium as I think that is what will happen over the next 25-30 years. We will eventually reach the 100,000 mark. One thing that I think would be cool is to have a restaurant in one of the corners that would over look the field. I know some baseball stadiums have restaurants but I would think Memorial Stadium could handle it.

I think eventually the 100k mark could be reached. I like the third tier idea for the East side. It would look cool, and if it was about the same side as that tier is now, it would add 5000-6000 fans for the game putting us near 90k. The resturaunt idea is cool as well. It will be interesting to see what Stevie P does next.

I dont think that Memorial Stadium could handle 100,000. I think in order to reach that mark the University, City, State, and donars would have to come up with the money to build a new stadium.

It would be nice to have a stadium without any restricted views, and Memorial Stadium has way to many now and will only get worse with the added construction

I agree Husker Rob.

It is an old girl that does not appear to be in the best of shape. I think adding another 20000 seats would really be taxing the foundation. I am sure it is way over what was initially expected.

I would guess after a NC season there might be desire to grow again. But we need to restore the order before it grows again or the sellout streak could be in danger. That is something no one wants to see happen.