Article with Dominic Raiola

lo country

Pretty good incite form a guy who was an ok center.....He brings up some great points.  Even has some comments form Coach K. Dom has some great points for sure.  Maybe some of his old team mates will get him to coach like he played.  Wild and angry......

"Four times, man," he said of Nebraska's snap issue at Iowa. "At some level, the kid's confused. I felt bad for him. Give the kid some help on the sideline. I mean, work on it. I'm sure they practice it. It was just really, really confusing to me what was going on out there." 

"I think you have to start taking the handcuffs off and letting it go. Playing a close-to-the-vest game, it's not working. You have to put pressure on defenses. I want to see the guy who played the game aggressively and had to go out and rise in the coaching world on his own. He's got to start coaching like that. I mean, this isn't going anywhere. 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-confused-by-nus-snap-issue-raiola-didnt-know-how-to-throw-a/article_e7370553-7ac4-5770-8b04-1f06ec33dc8b.amp.html

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Martinez didn't have the handcuffs on his freshman year and I was pretty happy with him.  He made mistakes, but the offense was better then than it is now.  

What handcuffs are you referring to? His freshman year he had 2 all conf caliber wrs and an all conf caliber rb... something we have none of this year 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

What handcuffs are you referring to? His freshman year he had 2 all conf caliber wrs and an all conf caliber rb... something we have none of this year 

Hind sight that was always an issue. Adrian would throw it up to SMJ and hope for the best.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Hind sight that was always an issue. Adrian would throw it up to SMJ and hope for the best.

A lot of QB's do that... Because they have receivers that can go get those balls.  Best recent example is LSU last year.  QB was good but man those receivers made him amazing.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

The same ones Raiola is referring to.  He won't throw the ball down the field unless his receiver sits down in the zone and waits.  His freshman year, he threw the ball down the field and let his receivers make a play.  It's what successful QB's do in both college and the NFL.  

7 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

The same ones Raiola is referring to.  He won't throw the ball down the field unless his receiver sits down in the zone and waits.  His freshman year, he threw the ball down the field and let his receivers make a play.  It's what successful QB's do in both college and the NFL.  

ah gotcha, when you said handcuffs I thought you meant the coaches/system was holding him back.  

I'd call those shortcomings but i 100% agree.  Its baffling to see a stagnation like this when theres so much potential.