Media Bias

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s amazing how many other media orgs glammed onto the story without an ounce of fact checking first.  

Is the story not true?

Did a Dr in Oklahoma not make the claim the invectermin (sp?) was creating backlogs in the ER?

Even The Rollingstone called “bs” on the doctor in the opening paragraphs of the story.

he National Poison Data System states there were 459 reported cases of ivermectin overdose in the United States in August. Oklahoma-specific ivermectin overdose figures are not available, but the count is unlikely to be a significant factor in hospital bed availability in a state that, per the CDC, currently has a 7-day average of 1,528 Covid-19 hospitalizations. The doctor is affiliated with a medical staffing group that serves multiple hospitals in Oklahoma. Following widespread publication of his statements, one hospital that the doctor’s group serves, NHS Sequoyah, said its ER has not treated any ivermectin overdoses and that it has not had to turn away anyone seeking care. This and other hospitals that the doctor’s group serves did not respond to requests for comment and the doctor has not responded to requests for further comment. We will update if we receive more information.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Is the story not true?

Did a Dr in Oklahoma not make the claim the invectermin (sp?) was creating backlogs in the ER?

Even The Rollingstone called “bs” on the doctor in the opening paragraphs of the story.

he National Poison Data System states there were 459 reported cases of ivermectin overdose in the United States in August. Oklahoma-specific ivermectin overdose figures are not available, but the count is unlikely to be a significant factor in hospital bed availability in a state that, per the CDC, currently has a 7-day average of 1,528 Covid-19 hospitalizations. The doctor is affiliated with a medical staffing group that serves multiple hospitals in Oklahoma. Following widespread publication of his statements, one hospital that the doctor’s group serves, NHS Sequoyah, said its ER has not treated any ivermectin overdoses and that it has not had to turn away anyone seeking care. This and other hospitals that the doctor’s group serves did not respond to requests for comment and the doctor has not responded to requests for further comment. We will update if we receive more information.

Um, no the story was not true.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

What game?

I read the article linked in the Tweet.  Now I’m told that isn’t the real article.

What the f#&% ever…

Ya good try.  The only part you highlighted was the “correction” of the original story with false information.  You knew what you were doing which is odd given the fact this story has come to be universally panned once the true facts came out.  

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya good try.  The only part you highlighted was the “correction” of the original story with false information.  You knew what you were doing which is odd given the fact this story has come to be universally panned once the true facts came out.  

I linked the whole story as far as I knew.

I first actually read this this morning.  I missed the universal panning.  So if you could please point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.

Some game I’m playing, huh?

Geez us..

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I linked the whole story as far as I knew.

I first saw this this morning.  I missed the universal panning.  So if you could please point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.

Some game I’m playing, huh?

Geez us..

The World Wide Web has lots of information at your fingertips.  I’m sure you are quite capable of finding that information yourself.   Not interested in your games. 

• Plus1 2

@Archy1221

fyi: I did some Googling and you’re right, it didn’t take long to see the Maddow and others ran with the story about OK hospitals being overran before The Rollingstone updated the story.  That is pretty messed up.

I was only going off the info in this thread since that’s what I had in front of me.  Usually this discussion board actually involves “discussion” where these things can be shared or pointed out.

I work 60 hours a week (at the moment) and have a wife and 3 kids that are in a chit-ton of activities.  Don’t flatter yourself that I have time to come on HB and play f#&%ing games with you.  

This board has no “victims”. But it does have several “antagonists”.  The moment we realize that not every post is a “game” or “gotcha” is a moment I can’t wait for.  I’m too tired to give a s#!t, and I’m only 40.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1