Media Bias

48 minutes ago, funhusker said:

@Archy1221

fyi: I did some Googling and you’re right, it didn’t take long to see the Maddow and others ran with the story about OK hospitals being overran before The Rollingstone updated the story.  That is pretty messed up.

I was only going off the info in this thread since that’s what I had in front of me.  Usually this discussion board actually involves “discussion” where these things can be shared or pointed out.

I work 60 hours a week (at the moment) and have a wife and 3 kids that are in a chit-ton of activities.  Don’t flatter yourself that I have time to come on HB and play f#&%ing games with you.  

This board has no “victims”. But it does have several “antagonists”.  The moment we realize that not every post is a “game” or “gotcha” is a moment I can’t wait for.  I’m too tired to give a s#!t, and I’m only 40.

When you get to or think about that fourth kid, let me know and I will tell you how busier life will get.  

• Plus1 1

Great line: “maybe these media outlets need ivermectin since they look like a horses a$$.” I don’t understand why reporters are so anxious to run with a story that they do not check leads. 

"The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated," McElyea told KFOR's Katelyn Ogle.

The story ran under the headline: "Patients overdosing on ivermectin backing up rural Oklahoma hospitals, ambulances." It was quickly picked up by national news outlets, such as Rolling Stone, Newsweekand the New York Daily NewsNumerous high-profile media figures, including MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, tweeted about ivermectin overdoses straining Oklahoma hospitals...

• Plus1 4

3 hours ago, nic said:

Great line: “maybe these media outlets need ivermectin since they look like a horses a$$.” I don’t understand why reporters are so anxious to run with a story that they do not check leads. 

"The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated," McElyea told KFOR's Katelyn Ogle.

The story ran under the headline: "Patients overdosing on ivermectin backing up rural Oklahoma hospitals, ambulances." It was quickly picked up by national news outlets, such as Rolling Stone, Newsweekand the New York Daily NewsNumerous high-profile media figures, including MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, tweeted about ivermectin overdoses straining Oklahoma hospitals...

Headline writing is a skill, but the underpaid staffers who write them consider it their creative moment. People are busy. We only read the headlines. That's our excuse. Rachel Maddow doesn't have that excuse.

It looks like the doctor in question runs a medical staffing agency and has legitimate concerns about the surge in Oklahoma, the strain on personnel and facilities, and the misinformation that's making things more difficult. He appears to have pulled Ivermectin overdoses out of his a$$, or perhaps some anecdotes making the rounds. It's just one part of a bigger story, but there it is in the headline. COVID has been loaded with marginal "experts" getting national media attention from their willingness to make dramatic and unsubstantiated claims. 

How hard is it to fact check Ivermectin overdoses?  It's the first thing a reporter should do. 

And now the surge of deaths and hospitalizations in unvaccinated Oklahoma can be diverted by a liberal media hoax. 

Great job, everybody. 

• Plus1 3

This media doesn't care about their credibility, once the headline is read the notion is planted.  Retractions mean nothing.  Nonsense like this lying about people using Ivermectin, Fauci purportedly lying again, the proverbial connect the dots of dirty money behind Vaccine makers like Phizer/FDA Approval/Who benefits the most.  People wonder why microchips or deathly side effect conspiracy theories run rampant.  Starts with public perception, and the media has been a pile of crap for far too long instigating most of it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
22 hours ago, Redux said:

This media doesn't care about their credibility, once the headline is read the notion is planted.  Retractions mean nothing.  Nonsense like this lying about people using Ivermectin, Fauci purportedly lying again, the proverbial connect the dots of dirty money behind Vaccine makers like Phizer/FDA Approval/Who benefits the most.  People wonder why microchips or deathly side effect conspiracy theories run rampant.  Starts with public perception, and the media has been a pile of crap for far too long instigating most of it.

Why media silence when a black candidate Larry Elder has a gorilla mask wearing goon throw eggs at him?

Why media silence when Hunter Biden admits losing his laptop while naked with a hooker?

Now in the above replace Larry Elder with Stacy Abrams and Hunter Biden with Donald Trump Jr.  What does the media coverage look like then?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
47 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Why media silence when a black candidate Larry Elder has a gorilla mask wearing goon throw eggs at him?

Why media silence when Hunter Biden admits losing his laptop while naked with a hooker?

Now in the above replace Larry Elder with Stacy Abrams and Hunter Biden with Donald Trump Jr.  What does the media coverage look like then?

3Ux82ZP.pngpqflojt.png2f0rfKC.pngX1JdMRF.pngx311nvN.pngRkZYvOA.png

So, so, so, so silent.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
23 hours ago, Redux said:

Problem is, a lot of the people keen to discredit the liberal media for shoddy reporting, immediately promote their own media sources with even shoddier reporting. In way too many cases, flat out insane reporting. 

There are still news sources that do a consistently solid job of research and vetting, and choose their headlines carefully. You might accuse them of a liberal bent, but  maybe that's where the facts are bending. Hopefully you can understand that in a post-Trump and QAnon world, the "two sides" of misdeeds and conspiracy theories may not be equal, and the "whole pile of crap" doesn't absolve you from seeking out a range of better news sources.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Problem is, a lot of the people keen to discredit the liberal media for shoddy reporting, immediately promote their own media sources with even shoddier reporting. In way too many cases, flat out insane reporting. 

There are still news sources that do a consistently solid job of research and vetting, and choose their headlines carefully. You might accuse them of a liberal bent, but  maybe that's where the facts are bending. Hopefully you can understand that in a post-Trump and QAnon world, the "two sides" of misdeeds and conspiracy theories may not be equal, and the "whole pile of crap" doesn't absolve you from seeking out a range of better news sources.  

One person's better is the next person's garbage.  People dictate truth based on the facts they want to hear.  And the media, no matter how shoddy or reputable anyone wants to perceive them, can now do whatever they want.  Because people will either chastise them regardless or praise them regardless.  Meanwhile people who want real context either don't know where to turn because of bulls#!t "fact checking" or they don't have time to play 7 degrees to Kevin Bacon to find the true context.  And typically by the time the truth comes out, the world has moved on and anyone who wss wrong to begin with can mildly shrug it off and focus on the new thing.

Context and Information control is the real pandemic

• Plus1 1