Jump to content

Media Bias


Recommended Posts

Searched and couldn’t find a place to put the double standard media bias posts, Both Left and Right leaning, for all to share.  Media has changed so much to be narrative focused more than straight news focused.  

 

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post

  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That day never existed. News has always had a slant. Fox just took it to a whole 'nother level and never looked back.

The problem is people who believe that Rachel Maddow is the left's equivalent to Sean Hannity.    The left's equivalent to Sean Hannity is a bi-polar street prophet raging on a Berkeley stre

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Searched and couldn’t find a place to put the double standard media bias posts, Both Left and Right leaning, for all to share.  Media has changed so much to be narrative focused more than straight news focused.  

 

The first tweet was wrong.  Journalists can and should use these secretly taped conversations.  The second tweet shows us why.  We wouldn't have any evidence for the public to see/hear about how Trump is actively and criminally trying to overturn a safe and free election without the tape.

 

This is a prime example of how our press needs to be a free press.

 

April Ryan is the one that is wrong in the first situation.  The press that used the secret tapes in either situation are NOT wrong and they are doing their jobs.

  • Plus1 4
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Searched and couldn’t find a place to put the double standard media bias posts, Both Left and Right leaning, for all to share.  Media has changed so much to be narrative focused more than straight news focused.  

 

The media is essential for political accountability.  Is there bias?  Sure, but that’s not the issue here.  If the Post had been given a recording of Biden doing the same thing let’s say in a state he lost,  you bet they would have published it.  They’re looking for a “story” and just because Trump gives them loads of material, doesn’t make them biased for reporting it.   

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The first tweet was wrong.  Journalists can and should use these secretly taped conversations.  The second tweet shows us why.  We wouldn't have any evidence for the public to see/hear about how Trump is actively and criminally trying to overturn a safe and free election without the tape.

 

This is a prime example of how our press needs to be a free press.

 

April Ryan is the one that is wrong in the first situation.  The press that used the secret tapes in either situation are NOT wrong and they are doing their jobs.

I think we agree 100% here about April Ryan and journalists using almost any source material they can get their hands on.  

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
11 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

The media is essential for political accountability.  Is there bias?  Sure, but that’s not the issue here.  If the Post had been given a recording of Biden doing the same thing let’s say in a state he lost,  you bet they would have published it.  They’re looking for a “story” and just because Trump gives them loads of material, doesn’t make them biased for reporting it.   

The bias here is April Ryan, a CNN contributor and WH correspondent, saying recordings should not be used against Biden, then touting the GA recording against Trump.  

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post

What were the Biden recordings about?

 

Did Joe flat out lie about a conversation and threaten the person on the other end of that conversation while pedaling bogus conspiracy theories?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Searched and couldn’t find a place to put the double standard media bias posts, Both Left and Right leaning, for all to share.  Media has changed so much to be narrative focused more than straight news focused.  

 

 

Don't know the context of the first tweet, but I don't see this as a secret conversation. These are two public officials, having a conversation in their pubic roles/responsibilities. Imagine the Supreme Court would say they have no expectation of privacy. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I think we agree 100% here about April Ryan and journalists using almost any source material they can get their hands on.  

The tweet actually proves there is less bias than the author of the tweet wants you to think.  

Link to post

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The tweet actually proves there is less bias than the author of the tweet wants you to think.  

It doesn’t.   April Ryan says it fine to use secretly recorded tapes when it comes to Trump but not when it comes to Biden.  That’s bias. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It doesn’t.   April Ryan says it fine to use secretly recorded tapes when it comes to Trump but not when it comes to Biden.  That’s bias. 

But the media published both audio tapes.  April is stupid and wrong.  The other media got it right. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But the media published both audio tapes.  April is stupid and wrong.  The other media got it right. 

That’s why it’s good to expose those in the media who do not report fair and accurately.  
 

And I’m not talking about opinion media like Maddow, Hannity, Lemon, etc.. or the very far left and very far right.  We already know the slant they provide.   
 

CNN, FoxNews, ABC, White House Correspondents, CBS, NYT, WAPO, and the news reporter within those orgs, etc should be held to a Report on both sides the same standard.  Give us the news and don’t narrate it.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s why it’s good to expose those in the media who do not report fair and accurately.  
 

And I’m not talking about opinion media like Maddow, Hannity, Lemon, etc.. or the very far left and very far right.  We already know the slant they provide.   
 

CNN, FoxNews, ABC, White House Correspondents, CBS, NYT, WAPO, and the news reporter within those orgs, etc should be held to a Report on both sides the same standard.  Give us the news and don’t narrate it.  

Yep, individual reporters are going to have bias.  But, the situation in the tweet shows that the media has a whole, isn't as biased as some want you to believe.

Link to post
18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I think we agree 100% here about April Ryan and journalists using almost any source material they can get their hands on.  

 

If only ABC would have taken that stance and released the Epstein story instead of supporting pedophiles by sitting on it for 3yrs

  • Plus1 4
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...