Economy

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This would be interesting and quite sucky too for anyone in trading job positions.

I think this is stupid and don't support it.  But, aren't many of those people in trading positions able to trade after hours while us mere mortals can't?

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think this is stupid and don't support it.  But, aren't many of those people in trading positions able to trade after hours while us mere mortals can't?

I do believe those that can trade AH have a benefit the rest of the populace currently doesn’t have. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I do believe those that can trade AH have a benefit the rest of the populace currently doesn’t have. 

Agree.  It's tied into them getting information on stocks before we do also.  So, some news gets released, they get it first, then we do, it's released to us a 4:00pm....they can trade on that information and we can't.

39 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

PSA: I followed teach's investment advice and lost $300 in 7 days :(

I hope not!

GL is on fire.  I told you to start buying it when it was around 53 dollars...that was like 2 weeks ago, it is at 73 now.

With that said, I have also given out some picks that were only decent for super short term gains.  

I went from being up like 400% on SOUNW to basically breaking even.  

VKTX has sucked.  So pissed on that one and on ZIM.  

• Plus1 1

On 4/17/2024 at 10:04 AM, teachercd said:

Hope you cats all got in GL in the low 50's

Touching 63 today.

Oh, this one was just a week old!

GL will be getting to 100 again.  Snagged some calls on it as well that expire in May.  

Oh BitFarm, f#&% that one!  That killed me.

COIN is still doing okay, totally all over the place.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I didn't follow teach's advice but I did lose $300. But I've gained back $115 now. I should probably pay more attention but I just auto invest my retirement stuff and don't look at it much.

I have one account that I am super active with, trying to see how I do on my own.  

Then I have 3 others where the money just goes in and that is it. I look at it maybe once every few months.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I didn't follow teach's advice but I did lose $300. But I've gained back $115 now. I should probably pay more attention but I just auto invest my retirement stuff and don't look at it much.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have one account that I am super active with, trying to see how I do on my own.  

Then I have 3 others where the money just goes in and that is it. I look at it maybe once every few months.

As my guy always reminds me; It’s time in the market, not timing the market.

• TBH 1