Economy

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

BUT...if you have your house paid off before you retire, or hopefully well before that, and you have any type of savings at all and assuming soc-sec is around, which it should be, you will be fine.

This describes less than 30-40% of US adults unfortunately 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

My retirement, if I ever retire, will be naps, gym, golf, lunch with friends, drinks, naps, golf and sleeping.  

This, adding in working maintenance at a golf course p/t is my ultimate wet dream for retirement.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

This, adding in working maintenance at a golf course p/t is my ultimate wet dream for retirement.

RIGHT!!!!

Starters/Rangers at the courses are either the coolest old dudes ever...or like the lamest.  But still!

I am trying to coach my school team so that I can start to get to know more dudes at the course.

• Plus1 2

Im actually thinking about getting out of many of my stocks and holding cash for a while…maybe through the summer and fall. I’m on E*trade and I think my cash is getting around 4.2%.  They might have CDs I can get into for more. 

Warren’s comments got me thinking.  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Im actually thinking about getting out of many of my stocks and holding cash for a while…maybe through the summer and fall. I’m on E*trade and I think my cash is getting around 4.2%.  They might have CDs I can get into for more. 

Warren’s comments got me thinking.  

Okay, I just saw some new CD interest rates and they were good!  5.5 and up.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

GL touched 90!

I have a bunch of calls on GL and they are racing!  +220% on 5 calls and +400% on another.  

Will probably be dumping them tomorrow.  Will probably hang on to the common shares though.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1