Economy

On 4/8/2024 at 3:41 PM, commando said:

it's been an hour and no one has posted about how bad this is for america?  or how Joe is to blame for how bad this is?

This just goes to show that the CHIPS Act was just a BIDEN sellout to FOREIGN Interests and he probably accepted a BRIBE because he HATES AMERICA!

Donate to Trump's legal defense fund to pay a judgement against a woman he raped if you agree!

• Fire 1
38 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

And the interest rates for homes just went up again.  Another summer of my kids not beding able to afford houses.  

They can live with you FOREVER!  Haha

Rates are insane right now.  I don't think it is an "election issue" at the moment but it is not trending great.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

And the interest rates for homes just went up again.  Another summer of my kids not beding able to afford houses.  

interest rates today are miniscule compared to when i got out of school in 1980

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
50 minutes ago, commando said:

interest rates today are miniscule compared to when i got out of school in 1980

That's my era. I didn't really need a student loan in 1980, but I took one out anyway because the rate was 7.5% and I could put it in a 13.5% money market account. 

• Worth a Look 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That's my era. I didn't really need a student loan in 1980, but I took one out anyway because the rate was 7.5% and I could put it in a 13.5% money market account. 

Absolutely unheard of for us young'ns. And you wonder why we complain so much.

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

They can live with you FOREVER!  Haha

Rates are insane right now.  I don't think it is an "election issue" at the moment but it is not trending great.

Not living with me.  Both renting.

It is the interests rate combined with the high house prices.  We are in the same Biz.  At their age I already ownd a house.  I just feel bad for them.  (Not bad enough to loan them money)  They keep hoping for some relief.  

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2024 at 8:09 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Rate on my first mortgage was 8 7/8%. 

My first mortgage was 10%……on a $90k house. Late 80’s. That same house now goes for about $350k.

I don’t know when my kids will be able to afford a house. I don’t think expecting interest rates to remain below 5% was ever realistic but with home prices and down payment requirements what they are now, it ain’t near as easy as it was for us.

• TBH 2
15 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My first mortgage was 10%……on a $90k house. Late 80’s. That same house now goes for about $350k.

I don’t know when my kids will be able to afford a house. I don’t think expecting interest rates to remain below 5% was ever realistic but with home prices and down payment requirements what they are now, it ain’t near as easy as it was for us.

I remember being "upset" that I did not get 2 and instead got 2.25

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1