The 2022 Congressional Elections

I could start this thread with any number of thoughts - but the first thought is that we need to over turn the election of some 'radical' GOP members elected under the Trump banner.

Lets start with Marjorie Taylor Greene.  She is a radical in the truest sense of the word.  Marcus Flowers is running against her on the Democratic side - if she isn't kicked out of

Congress by the time the election rolls around. 

Other GOPers that need to be removed:  NC rep Madison Cowthorn,  Colorado 3rd district rep  Lauren Boebert

I'm sure there are others, but these quickly came to my mind as newcomers to the House.  The GOP was all up in arms over

"The Squad" back in 2018 - the far left leading Democratic reps.  This group, of GOPers, to me, represent a greater risk

to our society.  Their ideology is contrary to many of the basic values we as Americans have traditionally held. 

I'm sure there are Dem representatives that need to be replaced also, but currently, these are on my quick list that need to

be replaced.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I could start this thread with any number of thoughts - but the first thought is that we need to over turn the election of some 'radical' GOP members elected under the Trump banner.

Lets start with Marjorie Taylor Greene.  She is a radical in the truest sense of the word.  Marcus Flowers is running against her on the Democratic side - if she isn't kicked out of

Congress by the time the election rolls around. 

Other GOPers that need to be removed:  NC rep Madison Cowthorn,  Colorado 3rd district rep  Lauren Boebert

I'm sure there are others, but these quickly came to my mind as newcomers to the House.  The GOP was all up in arms over

"The Squad" back in 2018 - the far left leading Democratic reps.  This group, of GOPers, to me, represent a greater risk

to our society.  Their ideology is contrary to many of the basic values we as Americans have traditionally held. 

I'm sure there are Dem representatives that need to be replaced also, but currently, these are on my quick list that need to

be replaced.

Let's carry it further with Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Kevin McCarthy, Devin Nunes, 

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...

This is a hopeful sign.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/563331-pro-impeachment-republicans-outpace-gop-rivals-in-second-quarter

Republicans who voted earlier this year to impeach former President Trump are outpacing their primary challengers in the money race. 

Now, the 10 House Republicans who broke party lines in the chamber’s January impeachment vote are heading into the second half of 2021 flush with cash, financial reports filed on Thursday with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show. 

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who was ousted from her post as the No. 3 House Republican in May, raked in the most cash of the group in the second quarter of the year, raising nearly $1.9 million and closing out June with more than $2.8 million in the bank. 

Another pro-impeachment Republican, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), brought in more than $800,000 for his 2022 reelection bid in the same time frame. He began the second half of the year with more than $3 million in cash on- hand. 

Cheney and Kinzinger have emerged as two of the most vocal Trump critics in the House Republican caucus since the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol that preceded the former president’s second impeachment. That criticism has earned each of them a set of primary challengers, many of whom are hoping to capitalize on Trump’s remaining influence within the GOP to win their party’s nomination next year.

But so far, none have managed to out-raise Cheney or Kinzinger. 

State Sen. Anthony Bouchard, one of the Republicans challenging Cheney, raised $213,000 in the second quarter of the year, according to his Thursday filing. Another one of her primary opponents, state Rep. Chuck Gray, raised about $220,000.

Likewise, Kinzinger out-raised each of his primary challengers.

This is also a hopeful sign but perhaps too early to know for sure:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/16/trump-oreilly-tickets-499795

Donald Trump is having trouble selling advance tickets for his upcoming speaking tour with conservative pundit Bill O’Reilly, according to interviews with ticketing officials for the venues.  Early last month, Trump and O’Reilly, the one-time top Fox News host, announced a joint “History Tour” featuring four stops in December.

The events are not until the end of the year, Trump’s camp notes. But so far, the pace of purchases has been slow compared to other acts, arena officials say.

In Orlando, where the duo is hosting an event at the 20,000-capacity Amway Center on Dec. 12, a box office employee for the arena said, “There’s still a lot of tickets open.” The person, who like others for this story insisted on anonymity to share confidential sales data, added: “We have concerts that are doing a lot better than this.” A Bad Bunny concert being held next March recently sold out within two days, for example, and the majority of seats for a Dec. 3 Kane Brown concert have been sold already.

At the 20,000-seat American Airlines Center in Dallas, home to the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks and NHL’s Dallas Stars, a large number of seats remain open for the Dec. 19 Trump-O’Reilly event, according to a stadium employee who works in ticket sales.

For Trump’s Houston event with O’Reilly at the 19,000-seat Toyota Center, home to the NBA’s Houston Rockets, 60 to 65 percent of seats remain unsold, an employee with access to ticket sales information estimated. And in Sunrise, Florida, a box office employee at the BB&T Center said that they would have expected sales for the Trump-O’Reilly event there to have been “definitely higher” by now.

“It hasn’t been [selling] like crazy,” the person added, noting that events for comedian Katt Williams and podcast star Joe Rogan have done “significantly” better than the Trump-O’Reilly duo thus far.

As of Thursday evening, Ticketmaster pages for the Orlando, Dallas and Sunrise events and the Axs page for the Houston event show wide swathes of available seats, with some large sections only having sold a few tickets.

The difficulty Trump and O’Reilly appear to be having in filling up stadiums may be a reflection of the times. After a year-plus on lockdown, Americans seem eager to reengage culturally while disengaging politically. Cable news ratings, for example, are down substantially.

tRump trying hard to find a challenger to Liz Cheney.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/23/trump-cheney-challenger-500599

Former President Donald Trump’s top political advisers have been holding quiet talks over the last several months with the primary challengers looking to take down his most prominent Republican nemesis: Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney.

During phone calls and Zoom chats, the Trump advisers have pressed the candidates on their fundraising capabilities, their policy positions and the overall strength of their campaign organizations. The goal: to determine whether they have what it takes to unseat Cheney, the influential daughter of a former vice president, who served as the No. 3 House Republican until colleagues ousted her in the spring.

The talks will escalate next week, when Trump meets with two challengers at his Bedminster, N.J., golf club: state Rep. Chuck Gray and attorney Darin Smith. Trump’s son, Don, Jr., who earlier this year visited Wyoming to speak out against Cheney for supporting his father’s impeachment, is expected to be present at the meetings.Trump is expected to sit down with other candidates before deciding whom to endorse, though advisers say that Gray and Smith have emerged as the two clear frontrunners. To prevent Cheney from winning renomination with just a plurality of the vote, they also say, Trump needs to back the strongest candidate and then elbow out others in the crowded field.

The behind-the-scenes talks underscore the high stakes confronting Trump, who has made unseating Cheney a priority since she blamed him for inciting the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and voted to impeach him. The outcome of the contest — and Trump’s ability to shape it — will be a key measure of Trump’s post-presidential dominance over the Republican Party.

“The Wyoming race is the highest priority of the cycle. It’s a must-win for President Trump. I hope he fully understands that because it’s an undeniable fact,” said Christopher Ekstrom, a major GOP donor overseeing a super PAC that’s expected to get involved in the effort to unseat Cheney.

Shortly after the January impeachment vote, the former president’s advisers began reaching out to the state Republican Party chair, Frank Eathorne, and state legislators to take their temperature on Wyoming’s political landscape. They were also in touch with the anti-tax Club for Growth, a pro-Trump group that is opposing Cheney.

Trump has been in touch with Club for Growth President David McIntosh, who has briefed Trump on his organization’s interviews with the candidates and urged him to hold off on making an endorsement until he’s certain he’s found the right person. The Club — which polled the race earlier this in May and this week began working on another survey — is expected to spend millions of dollars in the contest.

“Trump’s analysis is correct that we need to get it down to a two-person race, and at that point, the challenger is likely to win, based on the polling we’ve done,” McIntosh said in an interview.

McIntosh’s organization, which has dispatched staffers to Wyoming and this week began airing TV ads hammering Cheney, has yet to make an endorsement in the race. McIntosh said “the ideal is that the Trump and the Club are aligned” in supporting a challenger.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Lauren Boebert can be a dummy in her own right, but it looks like her challenger is right up with her.  These statements are so patently false and easily disproven.  Is she a plant and trying to get Boebert re-elected?

Wonder where she works? Her campaign stuff says she is a veterinarian???

Edit: Also a physical therapist (assume for humans)

22 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Wonder where she works? Her campaign stuff says she is a veterinarian???

Edit: Also a physical therapist (assume for humans)

The issue is she lies about the extent Covid is hitting the hospital and also the vaccination rate in the district.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The issue is she lies about the extent Covid is hitting the hospital and also the vaccination rate in the district.  

Got it. Saw some Twitter talk that she actually works/volunteers in Wyoming, not even in Colorado hospital? 

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I dream of a day when there are politicians who don't make crap up.

I understand slight exaggerations.  But, just simply making crap up like this is unacceptable.  

Ya, I guess having her opponent, Boebert, act pretty insane at times wasn’t good enough to run on.  She had to make up non-existent data according to what’s published 

• Plus1 2