Beck missing

I'm glad he's gone before the season and it's out of the way so they can focus on '06. It would be bigger news/distraction if it happened 4-5 games into the season. I do, however, have a few concerns:

1) Has Beau Davis learned where the training table is yet? Put some meat on that boy!!!

2) Not that Beck was an overly-capable backup (shown against K-State), but if something happens to Taylor...can we really expect much out of Ganz or Davis?

3) The biggest concern is the future. For '07 we were SUPPOSED to have 2 4/5-star recruits (Beck and Freeman) with a year or two of watching, learning and practicing under their belt battling for the starting job. Now they are both gone. My guess is that JUCO coaches are waiting by the phone for NU to start calling.

Again, I tend to play the devil's advocate....but I believe it is a more realistic view to help balance out those fans who think that anyone who puts on a red jersey is a star.

1) XD

2) True, Beck was something like 1/6 for 21 yards with an int, but he presided over our game-winning drive and delivered what I'd consider to be a clutch pass for a young guy hurled into so much pressure. I don't want to see Davis quarterbacking again, but Ganz is kind of an unknown right now.

3) We'll have Ganz, Witt. Depending on how Ganz progresses, we may not need or even want a juco.

1) XD

2) True, Beck was something like 1/6 for 21 yards with an int, but he presided over our game-winning drive and delivered what I'd consider to be a clutch pass for a young guy hurled into so much pressure. I don't want to see Davis quarterbacking again, but Ganz is kind of an unknown right now.

3) We'll have Ganz, Witt. Depending on how Ganz progresses, we may not need or even want a juco.

I'm trying to remember the KState game that beck was thrust into. If I recall correctly, it was his int that allowed kstate to score and take the lead toward the end of the game. Yes he was a factor in the key drive where he completed one pass and was helped out by a pass interference penalty. Nothing too impressive, but he did get the job done in the end.

Ganz is a big unknown. I watched him during the spring game and wasn't real impressed. He did look mobile on his feet, but nothing spectacular. Although, he was playing with the 2nd team against our #1 D.

1) XD

He was 1-10. :lol:

1) XD

He was 1-10. :lol:

Why wasn't he starting then. Man him and that 10% competion rate should have ad him in NYC for the Heisman. :worship We worship you Beck. :lol: Not really.