QB Brian Hildebrand

Now if we can get a redshirt on this guy and get one on Witt next season(and hopefully another QB). I think we will be set at QB for a while.

he has already burned his red shirt at Oregon State. But he does have 3 years to play counting this year. it is a good thing that he doesnt have to sit out a year before taking the field.

It's a good addition for the team. I dont anticipate him playing this year, but he will have time to learn the playbook which is pretty overwhelming according to all the players and coaches.

I have a feeling that Callahan is concerned about next season and the current depth at QB.

I suppose Hildebrand will be part of next year's battle for the starting job as it will be up in the air. And I'm going to guess that Callahan will go after a high recruit QB or two during the recruiting season.

It's a good addition. Hope he does well at Nebraska.

Now if we can get a redshirt on this guy and get one on Witt next season(and hopefully another QB). I think we will be set at QB for a while.

he has already burned his red shirt at Oregon State. But he does have 3 years to play counting this year. it is a good thing that he doesnt have to sit out a year before taking the field.

Oh well, at least we can still afford to redshirt Witt with Hildebrand's arrival.

this is a perfect situation for the huskers and even better than it was 2 years ago when zaylor and beck were brought in..this kid will come in and take over for zac while witt redshirts and then it will be exactly what would have happened this year with beck seeing quite a bit of playing time..also it sounds as if witt is the real deal and if he would start next season then we will know we have 2 pretty good QB's :restore