Thunderin' Bolts vs Texas A&M - Corpus Christi

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Like the lack of a true pitching coach. :dunno

I mean ... it's possible.  But I don't know that's really the case.

If a pitching coach can take guys from what we've seen to somewhere above-average, he's not going to be the Pitching Coach at the University of Nebraska.

On 3/21/2022 at 11:44 AM, Mavric said:

I mean ... it's possible.  But I don't know that's really the case.

If a pitching coach can take guys from what we've seen to somewhere above-average, he's not going to be the Pitching Coach at the University of Nebraska.

I'm just saying that not having a true pitching coach has been a concern since day one, and some of these arms are not fresh faces. 

Do I hope that things get turned around with the pitching, and fast? Yes.

But I have my doubts, and they're the same doubts I've had since day one of this coaching hire (Christy, not Bolt). 

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

I'm just saying that not having a true pitching coach has been a concern since day one, and some of these arms are not fresh faces. 

But I have my doubts, and they're the same doubts I've had since day one of this coaching hire (Christy, not Bolt). 

Except... Dave VanHorn's pitching coach is part of the staff... very poor post.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Except... Dave VanHorn's pitching coach is part of the staff... very poor post.

Except that Jeff Christy is the coach over pitchers and catchers, and he never coached under Van Horn. 

Very poor post. 

5 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Christy has had 1 full season as the pitching coach and the staff was top 2 in the B1G. This year has been inconsistent, but still our ERA is top 5 in the B1G and middle of the road nationally. He also lost 2 weekend starters from last year and two top BP arms. This year we lost a weekend starter and a top BP arm to injury. Just hard for me to throw him under the bus when his only full season, the staff was really freaking good. 

• Plus1 3
19 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Christy has had 1 full season as the pitching coach and the staff was top 2 in the B1G. This year has been inconsistent, but still our ERA is top 5 in the B1G and middle of the road nationally. He also lost 2 weekend starters from last year and two top BP arms. This year we lost a weekend starter and a top BP arm to injury. Just hard for me to throw him under the bus when his only full season, the staff was really freaking good. 

Good points, and that's fair. If anything let's see if he can get improvement from the arms we have on the roster currently.