Thunderin' Bolts vs Michigan State

8 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

I don't know who makes the call on rain delays, but it was reported that Purdue declined Maryland's request for a Friday doubleheader based on a "window" today. The window was there, and Purdue didn't take it, meaning there is strong evidence of cowardly intent. If I were a fan of that program, I would be deeply embarrassed. I don't think the Big 10 front office had any say, so blaming them just makes us look stupid (I saw one person on either Twitter or FB, forget which, saying it was Kevin Warren's decision. Please, let's stop with that crap.)

But with that said, the series loss to Minnesota means this team doesn't deserve jack. That was not as embarrassing as being such a bunch of craven infants as Purdue is, but still extremely shameful. The season ending today is fair, and winning 3 of the last 4 is a nice little consolation heading into next year, where by all accounts Will Bolt will be going scorched earth on the roster, looking to bring in 18 new players (apparently the roster capacity does bump up to 40, too, which helps.)

I think both teams didn't worry about getting the game in, because they know they play each other in the 1st round of the tournament.

Minny series was costly, but so was the entire season.  

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, admo said:

I think both teams didn't worry about getting the game in, because they know they play each other in the 1st round of the tournament.

Minny series was costly, but so was the entire season.  

Plus, I'm guessing nobody wanted the Huskers to make it because of the perceived hometown advantage.... regardless of our schizophrenic play....

I will never use the phrase "they didn't deserve to get into the tournament" because of poor play through the year. Guess what, everyone else also had to play games. Just because expectations were high at the start of the year, doesn't mean Purdue's waffling on playing their last game of the year isn't a chicken s#!t decision. You're supposed to play all the games on your schedule, and actively making sure it doesn't happen is bs.

• Plus1 1