NBA 2023-24

It's looks likely that we will enter Round Two of the NBA playoffs without Steph Curry, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, or Giannis Antentamkoumpo. Without Damian Lillard, Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, Devin Booker, Chris Paul or Joel Embid. God willing without James Harden or Russell Westbrook. I'm already used to not seeing Kawhi Leonard, Ja Morant, the Ball Brothers and Zion Williamson. 

Really feels like a changing of the guard and I'm cool with it. Some really exciting players having their playoff moments. 

• TBH 2

Is there a bigger @$$hole in the NBA than PatBev? Dray is a distant second IMO. I'm sure he, and the Bucks were being heckled all night by Pacers fans, but to pipe a ball at a woman's face, get the ball back from a fan and then pipe the ball at that fan was completely out of line. Those two fans could (and maybe should) go after his money and the NBA better fine and suspend him for that. If the NBA is all about player safety and keeping fans off the court and preventing another Malice in the Palace situation, then the players need to be held accountable as well and what PatBev did was egregiously past the line of acceptable.

Video if you haven't seen it

• Worth a Look 1

The reason why I prefer to see the Huskers play at 11am.... And hate when they play at 230pm.........Is the Networks

And with the same tradition and format, the NBA screws the viewers the same way.  Grrrrr

Games are scheduled 2hrs and 30mins between games...... But aired on the same network/station.  Grrrrr

I don't like missing part of the first quarter because the previous game is dragging on with timeouts or overtime or post game interviews.

I get amped up for the tipoff/kickoff.....for days..... But we get joined "in progress" halfway into the 1st quarter....

Grrrrr

There has to be a better way to broadcast these back to back games.  No offense to the previous game, but my whole day or week is amped up for the other game...... And you screwed me out of seeing the kickoff and tipoff....

/Vent

42 minutes ago, admo said:

The reason why I prefer to see the Huskers play at 11am.... And hate when they play at 230pm.........Is the Networks

And with the same tradition and format, the NBA screws the viewers the same way.  Grrrrr

Games are scheduled 2hrs and 30mins between games...... But aired on the same network/station.  Grrrrr

I don't like missing part of the first quarter because the previous game is dragging on with timeouts or overtime or post game interviews.

I get amped up for the tipoff/kickoff.....for days..... But we get joined "in progress" halfway into the 1st quarter....

Grrrrr

There has to be a better way to broadcast these back to back games.  No offense to the previous game, but my whole day or week is amped up for the other game...... And you screwed me out of seeing the kickoff and tipoff....

/Vent

100% agree!  If the games are on TNT, and the first game is running long, move the start of the second game to TBS and bump whatever rerun of Law & Order is playing. ESPN can at least move the start of game 2 one of their other channels.  Imagine if the Pacers/Knicks ended up going to OT, you would have potentially missed 1/3 of the game, just a complete disservice to the fans that want to watch that game.

The fun part of the Warriors not being in the playoffs is I get to be a free agent and change my mind with every game.

I like the Nuggets and would have no trouble with them repeating, but it's hard not to be impressed by the Timberwolves and OKC. 

Minnesota's team-wide, four quarter commitment to defense is the difference maker.  The Nuggets are the last team I would have expected to get rattled. I think being on the road and two games down will focus them. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The fun part of the Warriors not being in the playoffs is I get to be a free agent and change my mind with every game.

I like the Nuggets and would have no trouble with them repeating, but it's hard not to be impressed by the Timberwolves and OKC. 

Minnesota's team-wide, four quarter commitment to defense is the difference maker.  The Nuggets are the last team I would have expected to get rattled. I think being on the road and two games down will focus them

They better hope so, and they better hope that the refs continue to be so lenient with Murray's attitude so he doesn't get T'd up or tossed.  They also better hope the refs call a tighter game.  If Minny can play this physical, with their length, not sure it matters how focused Denver is if they continue to struggle to get into their sets within the first 18 seconds of the shot clock.

I clearly hadn't watched a lot of pups games this year, I didn't realize how long they were at every position plus the guys off the bench, I can't imagine the Nuggets coming back to even force a game 6.  OKC won't be able handle their size and physicality either, barring injuries, Minny is going to their first Finals.

And Ant is reminding me of 86 87 MJ where he's putting the league on notice, he's about to take the throne for best player in the league. Dude is just dominating on both sides of the ball. Eye opening to watch him right now.

Any player throwing anything on the floor during a game gets at least a game suspension. Murray threw both a towel and a heat pad. Malone went on the court DURING PLAY and went nose to nose with the ref without even getting a T. 

I kinda like the refs letting things get more rugged in the playoffs, and I don't want to see stars benched. But if you're letting both of those guys off, you can't T up Edwards for a two second staredown. 

• Thanks 1

I hope the refs call a tighter game this next game, but I was so disappointed with how the Nuggets responded in game two, and particularly in Murray's behavior. I get it, you're frustrated, but you have to maintain your composure. The MN defense is suffocating, I have been so impressed with how they play as a complete unit. Denver needs to figure something out, or this is going to be over soon. Oh well, at least Denver has the MV3...suck it Shaq. 

On 5/8/2024 at 8:23 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Minnesota's team-wide, four quarter commitment to defense is the difference maker.  The Nuggets are the last team I would have expected to get rattled. I think being on the road and two games down will focus them. 

Minny was always the nuggets toughest matchup. But yeah, never thought I’d see this team just fall apart and fail to counter with anything. They look absolutely cooked and will be interesting to see what their plan is moving forward with their bench. Obviously they’re not healthy in the back court, but Murray coming unhinged is a terrible look and probably speaks to how unable he is to adjust to their pressure and he knows it. 

TWolves are absolutely on fire as a team 

• Plus1 1
On 5/3/2024 at 10:39 AM, Madcows said:

Is there a bigger @$$hole in the NBA than PatBev? Dray is a distant second IMO. I'm sure he, and the Bucks were being heckled all night by Pacers fans, but to pipe a ball at a woman's face, get the ball back from a fan and then pipe the ball at that fan was completely out of line. Those two fans could (and maybe should) go after his money and the NBA better fine and suspend him for that. If the NBA is all about player safety and keeping fans off the court and preventing another Malice in the Palace situation, then the players need to be held accountable as well and what PatBev did was egregiously past the line of acceptable.

Video if you haven't seen it

4 games?  FOUR EFFIN GAMES??!!??  That's barely a slap on the wrist for this.

• TBH 1
6 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Minny was always the nuggets toughest matchup. But yeah, never thought I’d see this team just fall apart and fail to counter with anything. They look absolutely cooked and will be interesting to see what their plan is moving forward with their bench. Obviously they’re not healthy in the back court, but Murray coming unhinged is a terrible look and probably speaks to how unable he is to adjust to their pressure and he knows it. 

TWolves are absolutely on fire as a team 

Totally agree. Which is why I think Denver will win tonight. Sports media demands at least two changes of narrative in every series. 

• Haha 1