Northwestern Play-by-Play

Mavric

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

On our last drive when CT hit Palmer for a first down Hixon tackled a guy in the endzone.  If B1G refs called holding it would have been a safety.

Yep, I mentioned that Saturday.  I haven't re-watched the game, but glad you confirmed what I saw (or thought I had seen).  

Also mentioned with Warren there, the prime time B1G on display - in Ireland - that a lot of flags were not thrown.  And, it did make the game more exciting (even though the fumble did not happen with Casteneda, and the no-call PI on a deep pass from Casey to Trey broken up.  But on the flip side, we had our share of penalties not called either.)

Maybe I saw this wrong, but since some of yall have rewatched it, do me a favor and check the third quarter with NW having the ball on a pass play.

I swear I saw their All-American Tackle grab our Edge guy with one fist, one arm stretched out, right in the middle of our DE's chest - and dominate him (holding him up and away).  I felt like "how is that not holding?" and "that's too damn easy if not a penalty"

Would appreciate it (even if I saw it incorrectly).  But it sure looked wicked

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

This kind of felt like how the day went on defense.  We actually got some push here (which didn't happen all the time) and filled pretty well. 

But it looked like we should have stopped them for no gain and instead he found a crease and got three.

Omgosh :facepalm: The "orchestration and choreography is a thing of beauty"?  In the 1st quarter of Northwestern's first drive of the day??  

Chins defense... same concept without 6 year seniors....

DL: gum up the middle, and let the 2 linebackers make a play (for 87 snaps a game)

G Nelson (Edge) - He rushes the QB as if every play is a pass play.  The left tackle simply walks him around the park. 

Our DTackles get some push (and tangled up - woo)

ILB Henrich runs at an offensive lineman... ( to make some contact??)

ILB Reimer is doing the same from the other side 10 feet away

Caleb Tanor is playing OLB with pass coverage responsibility to the outside, with safety help over the top.  

The slot reciever doesn't run a route, but instead runs straight towards the pile to block.  Good thing for Tanor and our defense that he just ran towards the LOS.

The safeties are 10 and 15 yards away jogging in to say "you got this".

Again, 1st quarter, 1st drive, and a basic running play.

No wonder our ILBs were gassed.  87 snaps is a lot to ask your 2 guys (ILB) to make a play.  

Meanwhile, as the game progresses, the safeties are asked to help out more, and Nelson is still trying to bull rush a Left Tackle.  

Chins defense is terrible.  He allows bad teams to chew up clock and get gashed all day, and "hopefully" get a stop inside the 20.

87 snaps by our defense.  Defense?  They got gassed and they did this last year.  Several times on the field all game.  

• Plus1 1