ASU QB Sam Keller to transfer to NU?

If we can get him it would be huge... we will be even better next year then this year. Bowman, Grixby and Jones back. McKeon, Rudd and Octavien, Turner and Potter, Suh. All the major wide outs and running backs and a very strong core of offensive linemen! If we can bring him in and he can learn the playbook we would be in very good shape!

I live in Phoenix. The whole team was not against Sam Keller starting. It was a few of the seniors/leaders of the team that met with Koetter and told him they wanted Carpenter to start. Pics of him at parties are on MySpace and have been on the news. Most of the sports reporters here are ripping Koetter for doing the flip-flop. Some commentary/news is on www.azcentral.com. This would be a good transfer for NU.

If we can get him it would be huge... we will be even better next year then this year. Bowman, Grixby and Jones back. McKeon, Rudd and Octavien, Turner and Potter, Suh. All the major wide outs and running backs and a very strong core of offensive linemen! If we can bring him in and he can learn the playbook we would be in very good shape!

I agree completely. The only problem with next years team was going to be quarterback, and we would have the best in the Big XII if he came here. Come on Callahan, work some recruting magic.

Look out! It seems that Oklahoma is in the mix. He would also be able to start there and be on a championship caliber team. If Adrian Peterson would come back, and Keller at quarterback, I would hate to think of that. I just hope he chooses Nebraska.

Not a chacne in hell Peterson comes back. Violations, grades and a beat up body wont allow him to pass up quick millions.

Sam Keller is NO reject.

I'd take him over Ganz, Hildebrand, or Witt in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't. Ganz and Witt are potential for our future. Keller would be a one-year plugin that will only hurt Ganz's and Witt's development. I believe I should include Hildebrand in this list too, because he has three years to play three, if I recall.

From what everyone has posted so far, I'm guessing the reason he's not starting is that Carpenter is only a sophomore and did just as well as Keller did. Koetter probably just wants to build up a young guy for great success in the next couple years.

And I just want Nebraska to build up a young guy for great success in the next couple years, too. I have faith in Ganz.

And I'm also a little hesitant about players that transfer this late. I mean, he's been a Sun Devil for just about his entire college career. How can he just step in and be a Husker, regardless of his talent level?

Let's see if he get's here before we start putting the guy in front of players that are already here.

Yeah^.

Granted, I'd rather have Keller on this team than on OU and CU. So if that's the alternative, let's get him here. Better playing for us than against us. If he comes on board, I'm ready to support him. But I have a feeling that with Keller, Hildebrand, Ganz, and Witt all in the mix, someone is going to get pissed and left out.

I think, however, the most important thing to take from all this is that the ASU coach handled this thing like a blind donkey. There's no reason he couldn't have had Keller, a senior, and Carpenter, a sophomore. If Carpenter wants to be a crybaby and leave if he doesn't start straight away, well, that certainly sounds familiar.

Sam Keller is NO reject.

I wouldn't. Ganz and Witt are potential for our future. Keller would be a one-year plugin that will only hurt Ganz's and Witt's development. I believe I should include Hildebrand in this list too, because he has three years to play three, if I recall.

From what everyone has posted so far, I'm guessing the reason he's not starting is that Carpenter is only a sophomore and did just as well as Keller did. Koetter probably just wants to build up a young guy for great success in the next couple years.

And I just want Nebraska to build up a young guy for great success in the next couple years, too. I have faith in Ganz.

And I'm also a little hesitant about players that transfer this late. I mean, he's been a Sun Devil for just about his entire college career. How can he just step in and be a Husker, regardless of his talent level?

Let's see if he get's here before we start putting the guy in front of players that are already here.

Yeah^.

Granted, I'd rather have Keller on this team than on OU and CU. So if that's the alternative, let's get him here. Better playing for us than against us. If he comes on board, I'm ready to support him. But I have a feeling that with Keller, Hildebrand, Ganz, and Witt all in the mix, someone is going to get pissed and left out.

I think, however, the most important thing to take from all this is that the ASU coach handled this thing like a blind donkey. There's no reason he couldn't have had Keller, a senior, and Carpenter, a sophomore. If Carpenter wants to be a crybaby and leave if he doesn't start straight away, well, that certainly sounds familiar.

BLIND DONKEY!! :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

We need to have the best players on the field and if Keller can only be here for one year, but will be better then any other QB we have then why not get him? If this guy is as good as he looks to be, he could be a huge puzzle piece next year

:yeah And it would allow for the other qb's to learn the offense more, instead of being thrust into without knowing anything. :restore

Sam Keller is NO reject.

How would it hurt Witt's developement. Dude will be a freshmen he'll need a year to take in the playbook. Also the Hillenbrand kid hasn't proven anything yet and neither has Ganz. If we can get in a proven division 1 QB why wouldn't we. If we want to be back to where we used to be these are the kinds of moves that help with that process

You're right, it wouldn't hurt Witt's development. My bad :P

You have a point with getting the talented division 1 QB, but the reason I'm reserved about this is - Ganz is a Husker. Davis is a Husker. Keller has always been a Sun Devil. By all rights I still think he should be a Sun Devil. It just doesn't feel right...

Look out!  It seems that Oklahoma is in the mix.  He would also be able to start there and be on a championship caliber team.  If Adrian Peterson would come back, and Keller at quarterback, I would hate to think of that.  I just hope he chooses Nebraska.

Not a chacne in hell Peterson comes back. Violations, grades and a beat up body wont allow him to pass up quick millions.

EXACTLY :yeah