ASU QB Sam Keller to transfer to NU?

Sigh .... So as soon as we get a QB he quickly becomes "The Guy"?

Havent we been through this before? :wtf

All I'm saying is that as much as I love to see us with great QB's and winning championships, I aint buying into any of the hype until it's proven on the field in a Husker uniform.

Sorry brothers, but see Curt Dukes, Joe Dailey, Harrison Beck.

GBR!!!

All I'm saying is that as much as I love to see us with great QB's and winning championships, I aint buying into any of the hype until it's proven on the field in a Husker uniform.

GBR!!!

True, but Keller has proved himself at the D-1 level, in a BCS conference for three years now. He's not some high school hotshot with a big ego. He is a proven college qb, who I would love to have.

GBR!!!

Uhh, the difference between Keller and those guys is that Keller has shown he can compete with just about anyone in the country at his position.

I wouldn't put Keller in that group. Don't insult the guy...

I would love to have keller waiting in the wings to compete for the starting job next year. He has proved that he can compete at a top notch level and I thought he did a pretty good job last year in the games that I watched him. If he wants to come here, then I say we welcome him with open arms.

I think him coming here would set up the offense for a long time. I think he would be the guy next year, with Hildebrand getting mop-up duty, and Witt r-shirting. The next season, Hildebrand and Witt battle, with Hildebrand probably winning because of being in the system longer. He starts, and Witt gets mop-up duty. Finally Witt gets the job after two seasons of learning the offense, and starts for three years. Just my dream situation. GBR!!

Being down here in AZ for the last few years and watching Sam Keller, I can tell you that he would be a great bridge between Taylor and the next good quarterback at NU.

Keller's off-field problems are basically rumors like: He likes to party a lot, drink a little too much and have too much fun. If you've seen the co-eds at ASU, who could blame the kid. Also, he's kind of cocky and many of the ASU players didn't really like him off the field.

Also, other rumors have been circulating that when ASU coach Dirk Koetter named Keller his starter on Friday, Rudy Carpenter was very upset and was pondering his future at ASU (re: he was going to transfer). So, instead of losing a pretty good quarterback for three seasons (Carpenter's a sophomore), Koetter, after meeting with several players who wanted Carpenter to be the starter because they liked him more personally, Koetter decided he'd rather lose a pretty good quarterback with one year left.

If Keller transfers, ASU has nothing behind Carpenter, but if he can make it through this season without getting hurt, Koetter can recruit a guy to groom.