ASU QB Sam Keller to transfer to NU?

Actually, no disrespect to Jordan Adams or Sam Keller. I was only trying to add some humor. :cheers

But in all due respect, I think a loud message was made clear at NU: To be the QB, you have to prove it in practice, never take a day off, make all the team meetings, prove it to your coaches and teammates, have patience, a good attitude, dont complain, know the playbook, and then, if you get the chance to play, prove it on the field in a Husker uniform. It looks like Zach has set the bar. :)

Right now, the talk of coming to NU and being a starter is miles away. But if he does committ, that's great b/c I wish him the best.

GBR!!

Right now, the talk of coming to NU and being a starter is miles away. But if he does committ, that's great b/c I wish him the best.

No doubt. The guy hasn't technically left ASU yet and people have placed him on the depth chart for next year. Sweet.

it sure seems college qbs are getting to be a spoiled bunch.....Freeman, Beck etc.

it seems all these guys want to start or depart......a sign of the times i guess??

hunter

it sure seems college qbs are getting to be a spoiled bunch.....Freeman, Beck etc.

it seems all these guys want to start or depart......a sign of the times i guess??

hunter

are all transferred QBs "spoiled". even upper classmen. Freeman and Beck certainly appear to be spoiled but what about Taylor? he transferred and he was a Frosh when he did so right? Hilldebrand too...

i don't mean to sound rude, but how is an experienced D1 QB being put in the same categories with the likes of Dukes, Freeman, Dailey and Beck?! 3 of which (-Dukes) wanted to be *given* higher depth chart ranking without having really proved themselves at the D1 level- or even in D1 practice-- including Dailey.

On the other hand, Keller, if AZ's story is accurate, did compete but was knocked out because he's gone after this year. sounds more like this Carpenter kid didn't want to wait. so who's "spoiled" in that case?

also, unlike Freeman/Beck, Keller is not a frosh or a soph- he is a senior. that's not an insignificant difference! especially if he wants to make it to the NFL because sitting on the bench during his final year isn't exactly going to raise his stock.

i don't know much about this guy, maybe he's great, maybe he's a flop waiting to happen if he transfers. and maybe he's a party animal and/or an egomaniacle jerk off the field- but can we stop comparing a proven Keller to such completely unproven players? I seen the comparisons on a couple different boards.

This alledged situation does remind me a bit of Applewhite vs Simms. Personally I still can't stand Simms because of that BS. In that case, it was Simms who was a spoiled brat, i don't think anyone would have blamed Applewhite had he left UT. Keller probably has a better shot at the NFL than Applewhite did though.