ESPN's Joe Schad Reports Keller is N!

One of the articles said Louisville and UTEP, I believe; it also said "NOT OU or CU."

For the love of God, please not OU. Just come to Nebraska. Why would you go anywhere else?

The reason he might be saying he is in interested in staying at ASU to redshirt, is if the starter gets hurt early on in the season. He could burn his redshirt and lead ASU and be their hero of sorts. This is just a crazy reason, don't know if it is even in Keller's mind.

Agreed, crazy reason. But change is scary, maybe he just wants to stick to his commitment and not transfer. Who knows? If he does though, has to be NU. HAS TO.

Just come to Nebraska. Why would you go anywhere else?

:yeah Especially for the one year. This year he would learn behind ZT, and maybe even show him a thing or two. Next year, all the backs, and receivers would return. Plus a great defense would return to back him up. The line would even be better. There is no place else.

Haha! I'd forgotten about that. Funny guy. Today we have demolished three football teams, stadiums, two gatorade tanks, and their shovels. Sam Keller will not go to the infidels, never! As for USC, my feelings, as usual, is that we will lambaste their bottoms as lamb chops. ESPN press is lies! All lies, lies, lies! We are winning!

Sam Keller will be a Husker. I triple guarantee you.

At least, I hope he will be. :restore

Haha! I'd forgotten about that. Funny guy. Today we have demolished three football teams, stadiums, two gatorade tanks, and their shovels. Sam Keller will not go to the infidels, never! As for USC, my feelings, as usual, is that we will lambaste their bottoms as lamb chops. ESPN press is lies! All lies, lies, lies! We are winning!

Sam Keller will be a Husker. I triple guarantee you.

At least, I hope he will be. :restore

Good stuff Zoogie! :thumbs

Hopefully we'll know soon. Just don't let him go to the evil empire of gold domers!!!

Nebraska says QB Keller has enrolled at school

ESPN.com news services

Former Arizona State quarterback Sam Keller has enrolled at the University of Nebraska, a spokeswoman in the registrar and records office at the school told ESPN's Joe Schad on Wednesday morning.

Keller is expected to redshirt at Nebraska this season and be eligible to play his final season next year, likely succeeding Zac Taylor as starting quarterback.

Blue Ribbon preview: Nebraska

When the decision was made to hire Bill Callahan at Nebraska in 2004, school administrators knew they were breaking the mold of traditional ground-oriented coaches. They knew Callahan would build -- or attempt to build -- a competent passing game through the West Coast offense.

They also knew that Callahan was not going to bring in a typical college football coach's personality either. While he takes care of all media and alumni functions and will do what he can to raise funds, Callahan does not have a Bobby Bowden-type personality. He is not the kind to regale listeners with humorous stories. Callahan is all business.

To read more of Blue Ribbon's preview of Nebraska's chances in 2006, click here.

Keller, who was named the Sun Devils' starting quarterback on Friday only to lose the job to sophomore Rudy Carpenter two days later, had also considered transferring to Louisville or UTEP, not Colorado or Oklahoma, as reported elsewhere, a source told Schad.

Mike Keller, the quarterback's father, is a former professional football player and knows Nebraska coach Bill Callahan. Keller would have one season of eligibility left.

Keller, who started seven games for Arizona State last season before breaking his thumb, would have to sit out this coming season under NCAA transfer rules if he decides to leave the Sun Devils for another Division I-A program. He would have one season of eligibility remaining in 2007.

Keller was one of the top-rated passers in Division I-A in 2005 before he was hurt, completing 58 percent of his passes (155-for-264) for 2,165 yards with 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Carpenter rallied the Sun Devils to a 4-1 record in their last five games last season and was named MVP of Arizona State's 45-40 victory over Rutgers in the Insight Bowl. He led Division I-A in pass efficiency by completing 68 percent of his passes (156-for-228) for 2,273 yards with 17 touchdowns and only two interceptions.

The players were involved in one of the most intense position battles in college football during preseason camp. Koetter announced Keller would be the team's starting quarterback Friday, but then abruptly reversed his decision two days later after meeting with the school's athletic director and a group of team leaders.

"It's simple. I made a mistake on the quarterback situation and I'm changing my mind," Koetter said after Sunday's practice.

Keller, from Danville, Calif., would seem to be a perfect fit for Nebraska coach Bill Callahan's West Coast offense. Taylor is a senior, and highly regarded freshman Harrison Beck went AWOL during Nebraska's preseason camp and transferred to North Carolina State.

If Keller leaves Arizona State, the Sun Devils would have only one other scholarship quarterback on their roster: freshman Danny Sullivan.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.