Nebrasketball vs Boston College - B1G/ACC Challenge

Mavric

1 hour ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I'm not sure what is different between this years team and last years, but they seem to play together more confidently. They've also been able to play some coordinated D to get some stops.

Keisei's also been on tonight, which helps. Also helps when Boston College goes on a Nebraska patented scoring drought.

Even watching us mostly struggle and lose games the same way., I've been consistently impressed with Keisei's play. He's a fairly reliable 3 point shooter, which is so much nicer than watching Mayen getting open looks and chuck up brick after brick last year... but more importantly, he's a hustle guy and always seems willing to play unselfish ball and make an extra pass if it gets someone else a better shot. He's the consummate team player.

Just a really, really wholesome, likeable dude. Great to see him explode tonight. 

Idk man, maybe this is finally the Hoiberg team that could grind and break through, just a little bit.

If the football team has taught me anything, it's to lower my expectations and be very happy with consistent, if unspectacular, improvement year over year.

6 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Even watching us mostly struggle and lose games the same way., I've been consistently impressed with Keisei's play. He's a fairly reliable 3 point shooter, which is so much nicer than watching Mayen getting open looks and chuck up brick after brick last year... but more importantly, he's a hustle guy and always seems willing to play unselfish ball and make an extra pass if it gets someone else a better shot. He's the consummate team player.

Just a really, really wholesome, likeable dude. Great to see him explode tonight. 

Idk man, maybe this is finally the Hoiberg team that could grind and break through, just a little bit.

If the football team has taught me anything, it's to lower my expectations and be very happy with consistent, if unspectacular, improvement year over year.

He reminds me of a character from revenge of the nerds.  

I really hope this team is different from the last several and actually play well together.  

The next 4 games are going to be a very tough test.  

This was probably the best I have seen a Husker team play in a long time. Made a good percentage of threes, played team defense, pushed BC late in the shot clock more times than not. More assists than turnovers. It's great to have Derrick on the floor and Blaise is doing the little things that lead to success. Keisei was having a blast and feeding the crowd with his hustle. Huskers have a very challenging stretch coming up. 

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

This was probably the best I have seen a Husker team play in a long time. Made a good percentage of threes, played team defense, pushed BC late in the shot clock more times than not. More assists than turnovers. It's great to have Derrick on the floor and Blaise is doing the little things that lead to success. Keisei was having a blast and feeding the crowd with his hustle. Huskers have a very challenging stretch coming up. 

Something that keeps happening that I really like is that there were 5 players in double digit scoring.  They aren't standing around waiting for one star player to score.  AND...by looking at the assists, they are helping each other score.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Something that keeps happening that I really like is that there were 5 players in double digit scoring.  They aren't standing around waiting for one star player to score.  AND...by looking at the assists, they are helping each other score.

Currently have 6 players averaging 10+ points per game.

• Oh Yeah! 1
41 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Currently have 6 players averaging 10+ points per game.

Isn’t that how Fred’s offense is supposed to work? I’m kind of a green when it comes to basketball but it seemed his offenses at ISU were fast-paced and generated a lot of scoring chances pretty equally rather than needing to be facilitated by one or two scorers.

25 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Isn’t that how Fred’s offense is supposed to work? I’m kind of a green when it comes to basketball but it seemed his offenses at ISU were fast-paced and generated a lot of scoring chances pretty equally rather than needing to be facilitated by one or two scorers.

In theory yes, but it hasn't worked that way before this year. 

I think they are going to run into issues in the B1G because they really only have two 3-point shooters on the team (Tominaga & Wilcher).  Gary, Bandoumel & Griesel are all capable, but not consistent (25-30%).  Technically Dawson is shooting 40%, but he's only taken 5 and one of the two that he took yesterday was about the ugliest shot I've seen all season.  They say that Breidenbach can shoot them, but I haven't seen evidence of that in games (he looks OK in warmups).

They were at their best last night (and against FSU) when both Tominaga & Wilcher were on the floor because BC had to guard the entire floor.

• Plus1 1