OT Jacob Hood -> Nebraska

Mavric

On 1/27/2023 at 8:28 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

Hood is a project.  He went to Georgia over 400 lbs, and is coming here at 350 lbs.  He still needs to reshape his body to be a viable option on the field.  Yes, he appears to have talent, and it's great he has a number of years of eligibility, but I think it's a long shot for him to see the field for meaningful snaps in 2023.

I don't bc our o-line has not been good especially the tackles.  He has put in the time to lose weight and is down to 335ish i believe or somewhere close to that.

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't bc our o-line has not been good especially the tackles.  He has put in the time to lose weight and is down to 335ish i believe or somewhere close to that.

Redshirt freshmen rarely come in and see meaningful playing time on the offensive line.  This will be his first year at NU, and nobody has any clue what he was doing at Georgia, other than trying to lose weight.  Yes, the OT's have struggled, but this guy is still a project who was playing high school football in 2021.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic