NFL 2023

Mavric

Watching hardnocks with the Jets.  Got to admit, I really like it so far.  Jets have a pretty good team.  Green helmet is pretty snazzy.  And, Aaron Rodgers is not the biggest jerkface like his perception proceeded him. I mean, he is at times for sure (over the years), but I don't get those vibes watching hardnocks.  With the NFL, you never know what to expect as things change week to week.  

AFC East looks good this year and the Patriots are nowhere close to being the best team.  Which is nice again.

I've got a 3 way tie for 1st place:

My Dolphins - Jets - Bills

And Patriots way down in last place. 

My teams are still the Bears (NFC) and the Dolphins (AFC).

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

And, Aaron Rodgers is not the biggest jerkface like his perception proceeded him. I mean, he is at times for sure (over the years), but I don't get those vibes watching hardnocks. 

He never has been and that's always been clear to me. He's got plenty of ego, and if you've spent ages as the most powerful man in a room/organization/city, you'll learn to throw your weight around. But Rodgers isn't the pariah many have made him out to be. He's weird, and doesn't fit the typical alpha archetype - he's more of an artsy, zen type of guy and that can often read as pretentiousness to folks who don't understand it.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Chicago Bears vs Green Bay season opener.

Without Rogers?  Without Farve?  

And playing against Jordan Love at QB instead?  

We can still lose, but the game feels good for once.  Rogers and Farve have dominated the Green Bay QB room (and the Bears) for a long, long, long, time.  It just wasn't fair how good they were.  

• Fire 1
On 9/3/2023 at 1:36 AM, admo said:

Chicago Bears vs Green Bay season opener.

Without Rogers?  Without Farve?  

And playing against Jordan Love at QB instead?  

We can still lose, but the game feels good for once.  Rogers and Farve have dominated the Green Bay QB room (and the Bears) for a long, long, long, time.  It just wasn't fair how good they were.  

I will be at this game.  It will be interesting to see how Love plays most definitely.  I also think this year I'm giving the edge to the Bears.