NFL 2023

Mavric

On the brighter side, the Broncos do get to enjoy beating up a terrible Chicago Bears team this weekend.  With ease.

My Bears will show up and lose ugly..... once again. 

I think it's 13 straight losses.  

Chicago Bears GM Ryan Poles Responds to Justin Fields Coaching Comments ...

Funny how I have 2 favorite teams since I was a kid...  Dolphins and Bears, one in each conference.  This Bears thing is a reoccurring nightmare, every year.  I hope we get USC QB Caleb Williams.  And fire the entire Coaching Staff.  

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

San Francisco 49ers vs. Miami Dolphins.......that would be a Super Bowl. 

Oh yeah! 

Deja Vu ... If only the delicious Big Mac from McDonald's was still under $2 bucks chuckleshuffle

Shoot, I'd grab 2 for $5 right now mang!  It's super tasty and super messy and still Iconic no matter what people try to say about it.... and it fits nicely in a square cardboard box. 

Wash it down with a biggie fry and fizzy coca-cola.........  Good times!!!

"Utah!  Gimme two!!" :w00t:w00t  

And the Dolphins FTW !!!

• Oh Yeah! 1

It's so early and things can change as the year goes on.  But right now, this is how it looks.  

AFC - No Rodgers (and no Rodgers NFC).  Joe Burrow and the Cincinnatis are going through it.  The Chiefs are 2-1 but are still the top dogs in the NFL. 

The Dolphins, Ravens (Lamar Jackson and this team is good), Bills (still a tough team to beat since they went neck-and-neck with KC in the playoffs 2022) and Jaguars will fight for the right to play KC in the AFC championship game.  

NFC - No Rodgers (see above) with Green Bay.  Eagles are the favorites, with the 49ers, Cowboys, Lions and battling it out in the playoffs.  Don't sleep on Detroit.  Not a SB contender by any means, but they could beat any of these teams in the playoffs at home.  Unfortunately, they will be a road playoff team - AFTER they win the Division.  Sorry to inform you Green Bay and Minnesota.  

Super Bowl (and yes it will change as the year goes on):  

KC vs Phila

I'm so high on the Dolphins right now that the Kansas City Chiefs don't worry me as much as you would think.  

And I pick the Eagles as favorites, because they are the favorites.  However, with the rugby style 4th-and-1 QB sneak/push removed from the game, Phila will actually have to win without the gimmick play every game.  And I am not 100% sold that they will walk their way into the Super Bowl.  

The Chiefs/Dolphins game in November is going to be very interesting, if everyone is healthy. Miami is hitting on all cylinders right now on offense, but KC's defense (especially the secondary) is much improved this year, and only getting better. 

EDIT: since some scruffy looking nerf herder's got laughs today, here's KC's defensive stats. 

YPG: 6th

PYPG: 6th

RYPG: 11th

PPG: 4th

If we want to get in the weeds, we can, but thus far, it's a much improved unit. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm seeing a very small top tier and a huge body of mediocrity in the NFL this year.

At least more than usual. 

But how about that wake-up call from the Arizona Cardinals? 

I'd argue that the top tier in the NFL is larger than its been in years. SF, Philly, Dallas and even Detroit could win the NFC, and the AFC is a gauntlet; KC, Cincy, Miami, Buffalo and even Baltimore could win it.

Also, Gannon is going to get fired for not tanking for Caleb Williams. 

On 9/25/2023 at 6:31 PM, admo said:

Oh yeah! 

Deja Vu ... If only the delicious Big Mac from McDonald's was still under $2 bucks chuckleshuffle

Shoot, I'd grab 2 for $5 right now mang!  It's super tasty and super messy and still Iconic no matter what people try to say about it.... and it fits nicely in a square cardboard box. 

Wash it down with a biggie fry and fizzy coca-cola.........  Good times!!!

"Utah!  Gimme two!!" :w00t:w00t  

And the Dolphins FTW !!!

Dolphins getting past the Chiefs in the playoffs? :laughpound:laughpound

• Oh Yeah! 2
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Dolphins getting past the Chiefs in the playoffs? :laughpound:laughpound

No.

Maybe?

Doubt it.

Possibly though?

Nothing but respect for KC.  They killed it in the past.  A new year means new endings which means there could possibly be new results down the road, maybe.

I doubt it. 

However...   Go Dolphins :) 

14 minutes ago, admo said:

No.

Maybe?

Doubt it.

Possibly though?

Nothing but respect for KC.  They killed it in the past.  A new year means new endings which means there could possibly be new results down the road, maybe.

I doubt it. 

However...   Go Dolphins :) 

All kidding aside, I actually think if Tua stays healthy playing at this rate and the Dolphins can figure out a few things on defense, they will be a tough out in the playoffs especially if they have home field advantage.  

The problem they and every other team has is the Chiefs Defense will be legit top 10 this year and Mahomes has never had that before.   Bills and Dolphins are the only team that I’m worried about come playoff time this year.  

• Plus1 2