11-2 record or better this year

One week till the season opener!! Just saw the Alamo Bowl game. If the Huskers play like they played that night, this team can go 11-2 or better. For the Huskers to take the next step they must first stay healthy. Zac, Adam, and Octavien must not miss any games. If Zac or Adam are lost for the season, the offense or defense

lose there best player. Dr.Oc stays healthy, he will make easely All Big 12 and maybe some All American votes. This team must play up to it's poitential. Each position on both side of the ball have playmakers. But the big question will be, there can not be any letdowns. Zac must lead scoring drives, not field goals. The I-Backs must have a better running game then last year. The receiving core must catch the ball. The O-Line must run block and pass block way better than some of the games last year. Lucky Zac wasn't killed last year (One tuff football player). If the front four and linebackers play to their skills, this front seven can be a Big 12 champ and maybe a National top 10 defense. This front seven is the key to the season. They will be what drives the huskers to the Big 12 championship. The secondary must not give up to many big plays. The front seven will help the secondary, but they must come through with some turnovers. Special teams must help win some games. Not everything is going to go allright, but if the Huskers play 90% up to it's poitential, this team is 9-3. 95% 10-2. 100% 11-2 or better. Below 90% 8-4 or worse. If the Huskers don't go 9-3 and win the Big 12 North, then this season is a letdown. My take: 10-2 (loses to USC and Texas) Win Big 12 North and upset Texas in the Big 12 Championship game. 11-2 with BCS bowl game and a Top 10 ranking. Go HUSKERS 2006. SDMF.

My take: 10-2 (loses to USC and Texas) Win Big 12 North and upset Texas in the Big 12 Championship game.

Call me crazy, but I see us 11-1 (assuming Zac stays healthy). I think we'll upset USC because we'll be catching them at the right time. Inexperiance at QB and RB. Although Texas won't be nearly as good without Vince Young, it would still be tough to beat them twice.

I think that we all know that we have talent at the De, Dt, QB, RB, Wr, Te. The main thing that we lacked last year was consistancy. If we are always up and down, especially on the road, then this team could be anywhere from 8-5 to 12-1. Some of our toughest games come on the road this year (USC, aTm, Iowa State). We need to find a way to stay focused all year long and concentrate on one game at a time.

Iowa State AGAIN!!! Why does everyone think Iowa State is going to be that tough??? They lost all of their defense and their offense only has two failry good players on it!!!! Without Blythe and now I can't remember their QB's name they are nothing on Offense. Even if they had a good offense our defense WILL shut them down!!!! :box

Iowa State AGAIN!!! Why does everyone think Iowa State is going to be that tough??? They lost all of their defense and their offense only has two failry good players on it!!!! Without Blythe and now I can't remember their QB's name they are nothing on Offense. Even if they had a good offense our defense WILL shut them down!!!! :box

Not to be harsh but Iowa State has beaten NU fairly easily the past two visits there and this NU team so far under Callahan has blown on the road, save for one game. Those are, until proven otherwise, reasons enough. We need to prove we can win on the road first. Heck, as far as I am concerned, all of our road games will be extremely difficult, not just Iowa State!! dedhoarse

QUOTE (BIGREDIOWAN @ Aug 27 2006, 08:54 AM)

Iowa State AGAIN!!! Why does everyone think Iowa State is going to be that tough??? They lost all of their defense and their offense only has two failry good players on it!!!! Without Blythe and now I can't remember their QB's name they are nothing on Offense. Even if they had a good offense our defense WILL shut them down!!!! 

Not to be harsh but Iowa State has beaten NU fairly easily the past two visits there and this NU team so far under Callahan has blown on the road, save for one game. Those are, until proven otherwise, reasons enough. We need to prove we can win on the road first. Heck, as far as I am concerned, all of our road games will be extremely difficult, not just Iowa State!! 

Maybe we didn't prove ourselves on the road last year, but we have a better team this year and they have a worse team. I'm just going by rosters and players so we'll just have to agree to disagree. :dunno

The USC game is huge. If we win or keep this game close, it will give the players all the confidence they need to go on the road and take care of IA ST and all the other road challenges we face. We must show up for this game! I think it sets the tone for the rest of the season. We beat USC, you can bet the players will be playing to their potential vs Texas in Lincoln!

NU has not brought their "A" game on the road for the past couple of years. Beginning with the First Dark Season (2002)...it just seemed that every time we hit the road, we'd lose, unless it was against Baylor...

Granted, give Iowa State its due. They have a good, experienced quarterback, which you can't say for most of the rest of the Big 12, and stand the best chance of chellenging us for the North title.