Bo Pelini comments on Stoops firing

You trying to say George Washington couldn't hit a curveball?

George Washington: Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Eddie Harris: You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.

George Washington: Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

Eddie Harris: You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

There is loyalty and there is not doing your job well.

1-5 is failing at his job. If I was only successful at my job one out of every six times I wouldn't expect my employer to be "loyal" to me.

Should General Washington have been fired by the Continental Congress with the onset of Winter in 1776?

Which Mike Stoops win would equate to Washington winning the Battle of Boston?

Also Washington knew how the keep his "coordinators" Stuben never left Washington for possibly greener pastures like Mike's brother did in '09.

Yet another history fact Washington has a record of 7-7-1(that's not even counting that he won the war.) Stoops was 41-50 at Arizona and never won his conference.

Lets remember that Washington was playing the military equivalent of the '95 Huskers every single battle.

How about we don't compare Mike Stoops to George Washington anymore.

I don't think you're giving George Washington enough credit:

Stoops had a very "Callahanesque" tenure at AZ. Started very slow, made obvious improvements from year to year, and was ready to take the next big step this year, but obvoiusly the wheels fell off. He had his time, he had his chances, but it was proven that it wasnt going to work out. I believe 4 years is plenty of time. Had he been just one more win better it might have been different, but it was getting ugly.

Stoops had a very "Callahanesque" tenure at AZ. Started very slow, made obvious improvements from year to year, and was ready to take the next big step this year, but obvoiusly the wheels fell off. He had his time, he had his chances, but it was proven that it wasnt going to work out. I believe 4 years is plenty of time. Had he been just one more win better it might have been different, but it was getting ugly.

Disagree. Stoops took a pathetic team and made it decent...for a while...

Callahan took a decent team and made them pathetic.

The point of my bringing up General Washington's record in the early part of our Revolutionalr War was to highlight that the actual W/L record is not what is the most important factor, but the direction of the program is.

Is Mike Stoops losing because he inherited a bare cupboard from the previous staff, or has he had the opportunity to fill the roster with his players?

Is the team goaing through a transition with a new coaching staff, and if so why?

Does the team have a natural recuriting base, a national organization, and good facilities, or are the alumni and fans expecting something from nothing?

In looking at Mike Stoops' tenure at Arizona, I believe that he has had a fair opportunity to win... but came up short.

Washington on the other hand, turned things around and won big.

That said... the British Army was not the Big Red. They had a good offense, but the defensive gameplan was not sound.