Bo Pelini comments on Stoops firing

Two week old article if already posted...mods please delete. Interesting comment from BO. "People criticize coaches for their lack of loyalty or whatever, but look at what's happens to him," Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said. "Loyalty goes both ways you know."

http://www.usatoday....tm?csp=obinsite

I think Loyalty is lost in the American workplace culture nowadays not just coaching. No one rewards worker loyalty on a consistent basis.

How about this, how about a contract that actually states what the school wants? A poster above mentioned that he would be fired if one out of six weeks he did his job "wrong" or "bad" something like that. Okay, well, if you are in sales and you have a goal then you know what you have to reach or you know you will be canned?

So, why not a coaching contract that states that...you must win X amount of games?

I know it is not realistic but then again what is when it comes to coaching sports?

There is loyalty and there is not doing your job well.

1-5 is failing at his job. If I was only successful at my job one out of every six times I wouldn't expect my employer to be "loyal" to me.

Should General Washington have been fired by the Continental Congress with the onset of Winter in 1776?

• Fire 2

1-5 is failing at his job. If I was only successful at my job one out of every six times I wouldn't expect my employer to be "loyal" to me.

Should General Washington have been fired by the Continental Congress with the onset of Winter in 1776?

He came pretty damn close to being fired.

Which Mike Stoops win would equate to Washington winning the Battle of Boston?

Also Washington knew how the keep his "coordinators" Stuben never left Washington for possibly greener pastures like Mike's brother did in '09.

Yet another history fact Washington has a record of 7-7-1(that's not even counting that he won the war.) Stoops was 41-50 at Arizona and never won his conference.

Lets remember that Washington was playing the military equivalent of the '95 Huskers every single battle.

How about we don't compare Mike Stoops to George Washington anymore.

I suppose you wanted Nathanael Greene to take over?

The backup General is always the most popular guy on the team.

• Fire 3

Since when did a football season ever compare to the war of Independence?