Bowl boycott

HuskerRoy

add one for wanting playoffs. Okla St should have had a shot

They did.

...and they missed it in Ames

Just like Alabama missed it. Oops.

This is purely a hypothetical and just for fun: if you were given $1,000,000 and had to double down on Alabama vs Oklahoma State on a nuetral field, where would your money go?

IMO, Alabama is the safer bet. Yes, Alabama missed there shot to go unbeaten; but didn't miss as badly as OSU.

The current system fails in a number of ways...

2. It matters more when you lose than who you lose to

I have to say I disagree with the point there... Alabama loses to LSU, drops 2 spots. Now, I know it's sort of a polar opposite, but Houston loses to Southern Miss, drops 13 spots.

That is a good point. I was thinking more along the lines of losing in the first couple of weeks and having time to move back up the rankings as opposed to losing at the end. The experts always talk about a body of work but it only applies if you lose early it seems.

This is purely a hypothetical and just for fun: if you were given $1,000,000 and had to double down on Alabama vs Oklahoma State on a nuetral field, where would your money go?

IMO, Alabama is the safer bet. Yes, Alabama missed there shot to go unbeaten; but didn't miss as badly as OSU.

If you were given a million bucks to bet on the 2009 Sugar Bowl, you'd put it on Alabama. And you'd lose that million. Bama was a ten point favorite in that game and lost by 14.

I'm confused, why would anyone say no to playoffs?

:yeah The Bowl system is so corupt it's not even funny! Unless you are one of the people lining your pockets with the cash then I don't understand why you wouldn't want a playoff. It's that way in every freak'n sport on earth almost, but yet it won't work in Div 1 College football???? There is no logical defense for no playoffs.

• Fire 1

Did you guys read the yahoo article about how corrupt the BCS is? And you have people like craig james putting Boise at 24 so they get a bad bowl game and all the coaches who made really bad ballots at the end to make their opponents look better and stuff.

The bowl system is a corrupt disaster but people still support it. It is weird.

The current system fails in a number of ways...

2. It matters more when you lose than who you lose to

I have to say I disagree with the point there... Alabama loses to LSU, drops 2 spots. Now, I know it's sort of a polar opposite, but Houston loses to Southern Miss, drops 13 spots.

That is a good point. I was thinking more along the lines of losing in the first couple of weeks and having time to move back up the rankings as opposed to losing at the end. The experts always talk about a body of work but it only applies if you lose early it seems.

Well that makes some sense if you think about it. If you lose late in the year, depending on who it is of course, you should be punished because your team has had time to find chemistry and understand their roles.

I think I was listening to On Campus with Bill King on XM radio when a guy called and said he was trying to explain how we come to a National Champion in football to a foreign friend. His friend listened for a bit and then compared it to the way they pick a winner in figure skating... three judges all with an agenda.

I think I was listening to On Campus with Bill King on XM radio when a guy called and said he was trying to explain how we come to a National Champion in football to a foreign friend. His friend listened for a bit and then compared it to the way they pick a winner in figure skating... three judges all with an agenda.

That is true. That's just how it works. I don't understand why people like it.

No playoffs...ever!! How would they solve anything? BCS got it right this year. The top 2 teams in the country are playing each other for all the marbles.

No, I don't want a playoff system.

Just say no to playoffs.

One more for no playoffs...

no to playoffs

Seriously? All we need is either a plus-one or an 8-team playoff. Somebody on ESPN even suggested a 6-team playoff with the #1 and #2 seeds getting byes first round.