• You cannot reply to this topic
1020 replies to this topic

#1001 StPaulHusker

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,662 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

I'm on Season 5 of Son's of Anarchy.  Pretty intense so far.  I hear the series starts to go down hill at some point but I haven't seen that yet.

Iron Fist was entertaining in my opinion.  I'm not sure why it was getting all of the negative reviews.

c7U8vFB.png       sIg8nr1.png        Vsx5CoZ.png      QUyYgF4.png

#1002 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,830 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

I'm almost done with Season 1 of Man in the High Castle.

There's a lot of running around and doing things, but not much actual plot.  It's a weird show.  Does Season Two get better?

I haven't watched the 2nd season, but you're not wrong about Season 1. Lots of 'stuff" but very little plot. This might be a case of having minimal source material (the book is just over 200 pgs) and just trying to drag it out a$ long a$ po$$ible.

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#1003 El Diaco

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,941 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Just started Veep (by myself) and True Detective (to watch with the fiancée).

Really enjoying both so far, but I've heard from just about everyone that season two of True Detective is crap.

Season two was so bad.  I still don't know what happened.
Story, acting, screenplay, all of the above?  What sucked the most?
I think a lot of it is that expectations are so high after such an awesome 1st season. I would say it's mainly story and casting where it fell short for me. I found it difficult to be too interested or invested in the characters. I will say Vince Vaughn did a much better job in a drama role than I expected from him. But I just can't see him without seeing his Dodgeball character.

If you go into it thinking it's going to really suck, it might seem pretty decent.
post-130-0-71012400-1485562235.png

BC- HANDLING THE HARD STUFF FOR HUSKERBOARD!
Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while... you don't do the right thing once in a while...you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit.-Vince Lombardi

#1004 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,275 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

Finished season one of Man in the High Castle.  It's a little preposterous.

clEdF.png

The failure to condemn is necessarily the act to condone.

#1005 El Diaco

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,941 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:50 AM

I've started that series 3 different times and haven't made it past ep 2 or 3. I like the premise and could even handle preposterous, but it just hasn't drawn me in yet. As soon as I'm done with Breaking Bad I am going to force myself through MIHC. I really figured with that alternate future storyline it would have to be very entertaining.

Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while... you don't do the right thing once in a while...you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit.-Vince Lombardi

#1006 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,123 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

I've started that series 3 different times and haven't made it past ep 2 or 3. I like the premise and could even handle preposterous, but it just hasn't drawn me in yet. As soon as I'm done with Breaking Bad I am going to force myself through MIHC. I really figured with that alternate future storyline it would have to be very entertaining.

I'm down to the last episode of Breaking Bad tonight.  I had forgotten how dark it got at the end.  But I loved the last episode when series finished up a couple years back.  I like how they mixed the song Felina into the last episode.  I remember hearing Felina on KRVN when I was a kid.  :lol:

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#1007 El Diaco

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,941 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

I'm down to the last episode of Breaking Bad tonight.  I had forgotten how dark it got at the end.  But I loved the last episode when series finished up a couple years back.  I like how they mixed the song Felina into the last episode.  I remember hearing Felina on KRVN when I was a kid.  :lol:

I'm at about s3 ep4 (Mike just showed up for first time within the last couple episodes) so I've got a ways to go.
Yeah, they did I good job with the music in the series. A couple of my favorites were Crystal Blue Persuasion and Baby Blue. Also got a kick out of the Latin group (Mariachis??) singing about Heisenberg.

#1008 Enhance89

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,997 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

I put True Detective on hold because season 4 of Sherlock came out on Netflix and that's one of my favorite shows.  S4:E1 was really good.

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#1009 Hooked on Huskers

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

I'm finished for entire SOA episodes.  Excellent series .... almost as good as BB IMO.  The best episode was Papa's Goods (final episode)

I'm on Season 5 of Son's of Anarchy.  Pretty intense so far.  I hear the series starts to go down hill at some point but I haven't seen that yet.

Iron Fist was entertaining in my opinion.  I'm not sure why it was getting all of the negative reviews.

Downfall but slightly.  Myself, too many killings with no real purpose especially seasons 4 and 5.  And starting to dislike Gemma's bitchy and smart ass attitude  (Peggy Bundy !)

Iron Fist?  It's okay.  I agree, didn't make sense negative reviews.  Fist and better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

LINK:  2011 thru 2020 HUSKER SCHEDULES, STANDINGS, LINES, RANKINGS AND RESULTS
Husker Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane -- Ellis "Red" Redding (Shawshank)

#1010 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

As far as streaming. Watch this. The WHOLE thing. Then thank me later.

PBQGeQl.png

#1011 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,123 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

50 Breaking Bad Facts.  

Fact #35:  Two decades before BB, Bryan Cranston was in Power Rangers.

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#1012 Army_Allen

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

Sense8 season 2 just came out and it's just as good as season 1 IMO. Great solid cast and chemistry between the core characters and the premise really dope too.

#1013 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,275 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

I put True Detective on hold because season 4 of Sherlock came out on Netflix and that's one of my favorite shows.  S4:E1 was really good.

I'm interested in your thoughts after you finish season 4.

clEdF.png

#1014 Enhance89

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,997 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

I'm interested in your thoughts after you finish season 4.

Through episodes one and two.  I don't want to rush to judgement on it (perhaps ep. 3 will blow me away) but I've been somewhat disappointed so far, but I can't quite put my finger on why.  It somehow all seems a bit more haphazard or chaotic, but more-so in a way that suggests laziness rather than intent.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#1015 Hooked on Huskers

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

50 Breaking Bad Facts.  

Fact #35:  Two decades before BB, Bryan Cranston was in Power Rangers.

Fact #15: Aeromexico flight 498 disaster  :o  ...... WIKI LINKY

WIKI SOURCE: Walter White was the name of the junior air traffic controller who was guiding the DC-9 prior to the Cerritos crash

LINK:  2011 thru 2020 HUSKER SCHEDULES, STANDINGS, LINES, RANKINGS AND RESULTS
Husker Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane -- Ellis "Red" Redding (Shawshank)

#1016 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

I'm on Season 5 of Son's of Anarchy.  Pretty intense so far.  I hear the series starts to go down hill at some point but I haven't seen that yet

Not so much that it goes downhill as much as it goes over the top. If you're through 5 and you're still into it, you're fine. I thought it started to improve a bit in season 6.

The only thing that didn't do much for me was the Ireland stuff.
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#1017 Enhance89

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,997 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

knapplc, I finished season 4 of Sherlock.

Spoiler

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#1018 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,275 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

knapplc, I finished season 4 of Sherlock.

Spoiler

Definitely agree.

Spoiler

clEdF.png

#1019 dudeguyy

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Mildly NSFW due to imagery.

PBQGeQl.png

#1020 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,830 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#1021 MattyIce

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

Hell yeah! I like the ranch and excited for Moana.

B22RlEW.png xH7aV6l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users