Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

• 2 weeks later...

My gf and I share an account, which creates some hilarious recommendation listings.

"Sentimental Dramas featuring a Strong Female Lead"

followed by

"Provocative Business Social and Cultural Documentaries"

lol

I just got done watching Hemlock Grove. Not bad if you like the super natural kinda shows. It is somewhat hard to follow though.

That looked promising at the beginning, but it took me two episodes to realize it was another one of those stupid werewolf/vampire/whatever shows. I probably should have been tipped off by the cover art picture of a wolf, though.

Just got done watching this...Not bad at all.

If you haven't seen Firefly, I'll bet you'd like that too. Although the future is depicted less realistically in Firefly. Sort of cowboy-western/futuristic.

If you haven't seen Firefly, I'll bet you'd like that too. Although the future is depicted less realistically in Firefly. Sort of cowboy-western/futuristic.

WHAT?! :lol:

Ha ha! Maybe I should say more fanciful rather than less realistic. I just don't think people will tote six-shooters in the future. :lol:

Ha ha! Maybe I should say more fanciful rather than less realistic. I just don't think people will tote six-shooters in the future. :lol:

I would, just so I could wear a cool duster like Mal :)

I would, just so I could wear a cool duster like Mal :)

Sometimes I wear a cowboy hat at work while sitting at my desk. It helps to cultivate my image of being slightly off kilter. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The%20Trial%20Rehearsals-505x378.jpeg

Just finished "The Trial," one of Orson Welles' films based on an unfinished Franz Kafka novel. (Took me three nights to watch it b/c I kept falling asleep.) A really weird movie. Lots of scenes of Anthony Perkins walking through this huge abandoned building. Turns out, the building is one of the most interesting parts of the movie. So I did a bit of googling to find out about the building. It's the former Gare d'Orsay train station in Paris, built in 1900 and abandoned a half century later. That same building is now the site of the Musée d'Orsay, one of the best art museums in the world. As for the movie, as near as I can tell it's a dark comedic parody of the legal system.