Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Anyone watched Resident Alien? I just finished season 1 on Netflix. Is season 2 & 3 worth watching?

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I might check this out.  

I watched the first season awhile back and enjoyed it but it started being a little predictable and redundant. I like Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Dodgeball) so I’ll prob try to finish it sometime.

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I have not played the game and am not familiar with it but I was looking forward to this series based on the trailers I saw. I usually like post apocalyptic stuff. I guess I was expecting something a little different and more serious. I’m only 4 episodes in and 3 & 4 have been better but I wasn’t too impressed with the beginning. It’s an odd mix of being light and unserious but with serious violence mixed in. It’s growing on me but I’ll need to see more before I’ll say it’s good.

I would say it gets better. There were a couple episodes I didn't care for and I nearly stopped watching (I think eps 2 and 3 maybe).

On 4/17/2024 at 9:04 PM, Moiraine said:

I would say it gets better. There were a couple episodes I didn't care for and I nearly stopped watching (I think eps 2 and 3 maybe).

I finished it. It does get better and I liked it.

Be sure to watch the bonus content, especially The Winning Team and Follow Your Nos.

On 3/30/2024 at 1:24 PM, GSG said:

Started watching Shogun on Hulu. Kinda like a Japanese Game of Thrones. All subtitles though

Finished Shogun a couple days ago. Thought it was great and done very well. I did not know much about 1600’s Japan. Supposedly the book/show are very historically accurate even though it is a work of fiction.  Would’ve liked a slightly different/better ending but I guess we can only blame the book author for that.

Watched Zone of Interest this weekend. Was really looking forward to seeing it but should’ve known better I guess.

It is about Rudolph Höss and his family and their time living right next to Auschwitz (1st ignored warning). It won some awards (2nd ignored warning). I figured the subject matter would be depressing but damn it was slow paced and basically no plot, just these people going about their lives oblivious to what was occurring next door. I can’t recommend it unless you want to see how detached these people were from the atrocities they were committing.

58 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Watched Zone of Interest this weekend. Was really looking forward to seeing it but should’ve known better I guess.

It is about Rudolph Höss and his family and their time living right next to Auschwitz (1st ignored warning). It won some awards (2nd ignored warning). I figured the subject matter would be depressing but damn it was slow paced and basically no plot, just these people going about their lives oblivious to what was occurring next door. I can’t recommend it unless you want to see how detached these people were from the atrocities they were committing.

Tacoma FD on Netflix is not bad if you just want a dumb 25 minute sitcom.

• Plus1 1