Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

21 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Okay, just checking if you know what a mockumentary is or not.

Yeah, I do.

I read an article about the main guy in it and he said that some of it is true but a lot of it is really embellished.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I do.

I read an article about the main guy in it and he said that some of it is true but a lot of it is really embellished.  

Is every movie that is based off a true story a mockumentary?

Well I finished 3 Body Problem and think it was great. I only have one issue with it, it moves along very fast. That could end up being a good thing but it seems they could’ve spent a little more time on character development, nerded out a bit more on the science and delved into the social and political aspects more.  At this point (end of s1 ep8) I find myself wishing there had been more. Hoping the wait for s2 is not too long.

On 3/30/2024 at 1:24 PM, GSG said:

Started watching Shogun on Hulu. Kinda like a Japanese Game of Thrones. All subtitles though

Dang, I was looking forward to this one. All subtitles is dimming it a bit for me. Maybe it will still be okay

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Dang, I was looking forward to this one. All subtitles is dimming it a bit for me. Maybe it will still be okay

They did the English audience a favor by switching all of the Portuguese to English. When the characters are talking English it's actually meant to be Portuguese. So you only have to read the Japanese.

On 3/30/2024 at 6:12 PM, teachercd said:

Not out yet, but In a Violent Nature looks BANGING

Looks like a Friday The 13th movie but the producers didn't have enough money to get the rights to Friday The 13th lol.

• Haha 1
On 3/30/2024 at 1:24 PM, GSG said:

Started watching Shogun on Hulu. Kinda like a Japanese Game of Thrones. All subtitles though

On 3/31/2024 at 9:56 PM, Moiraine said:

They did the English audience a favor by switching all of the Portuguese to English. When the characters are talking English it's actually meant to be Portuguese. So you only have to read the Japanese.

Watched ep1 last night. The subtitles weren’t a problem. A fair amount of it was in English anyway. More confusing were all the referenced characters who I wasn’t quite sure who they are yet. Going to have to delay going further for now though. I’m on a mission to finish Lost.