Through These Gates

New Husker Football documentary - Through These Gates

Hi fellow huskers,

I am the director/producer of a cornhusker documentary entitled "Through These Gates". Please watch our teaser at www.huskersfilm.com and if you like please pass it on. We are relying on the support of Husker Nation to help tell our story. Thank you.

edited by Rawhide

Linky:

http://vimeo.com/37936085

The teaser was well received in our house. Keep it up.

How did that interview with the President of Northwestern happen?

Very cool. Looking forward to watching this. When can we expect this to come out? Will you be entering this into any film festivals?

BTW, you should post this thread in the Husker Football section to get more views. Kudos for sharing this with us.

A new HB member Through These Gates posted a thread in the Big Red Lounge section but I think it deserves a place in the Husker Football section instead.

Go to the Video Gallery to watch the trailer. It's nicely put together with footage from 2011 and some nice comments from the President of Northwestern University as well as former players Crouch, Tagge and Kelsay.

Through These Gates

That was pretty cool. I reallly hearing the comments from opposing teams fans/staff on how good we are to them even after we get beat. There is so many bad things that people seem to focus on not as much here, but everywhere else on how they are treated by the fans, and the stupid things people do and say. This is a very good tradition that I hope we will not have to use all that often, but when we do lose, it shows that we Nebraskans are as classy as anyone in college football.

This seems to be something that will bring back a lot of good memories. Just going through what there is so far, had me back in my grade school years, sitting in the south end zone bleachers watching the game and listening to it on our transistor radio's. Of course some of you may never have seen one, :D

Will look forward to seeing the finished product.

GBR!!!

That was awesome. When and where can I get the video. I have goose bumps and that was just part of it. People outside of Nebraska don't get it (The Northwestern President now does). Pride is the only way to put it. Pride in who makes up Nebraska and the qualities they stand for!

merged topics from Lounge and Husker football :)

GBR

and put in the link

Thanks, rawhide.

Very well done. When is the video coming out and where is it going to be sold?

This documentary could be an excellent recruiting tool in the future. It'd be a bonus if it made the rounds at various film festivals. That type of exposure is priceless.

Hey everyone I wanted to stop by and say thanks for the support and someone asked how the President of Northwestern interview happened. It was actually pretty cool. I was at the Northwestern game when we lost. 4th row behind the (North?) endzone. I was bummed out just like everyone else. I walked down while the Huskers were exiting and everyone was saying "we'll get 'em next time" and stuff like that and it dawned on me I had to go find Northwestern fans and see what they were saying. I think when they saw me with my husker gear and camera rig and boom mic they were a little intimidated because no one would talk to me. Then all of a sudden a big ass guy in a black suit came over to me smiling. He looked like a body guard or something. He asked me if I was trying to interview Nortwestern fans and I said yes. Hw pointed me down the hill by the nice tailgate spotted under the bridge but closer to the stadium. I ran down and I asked them if they talk on camera. Without hesitating they all said yes. Then someone leans over and goes thats the president of Northwestern. I said yeah right. Then they said he was and another guy chimed in and said I'm the president ameritas of Northwestern. They couldn't stop talking about how great we treated them and how happy they were to have us in the big 10 so we could teach other fans how to behave. The pride I felt to be a husker at the moment is indescribable. I have goosebumps right now typing this. I've been a lot of places and met a lot of people from a lot of places. I live in Los Angeles now. I can promise one thing- There is no place like Nebraska and there are no people like Nebraskans.

The teaser was well received in our house. Keep it up.

How did that interview with the President of Northwestern happen?

I put the whole uncut interview with the president of Northwestern up today because people have been asking about it and also because I think it shows the meaning of Husker Pride, especially at the end when he thinks I've turned the camera off. You can watch it here:

https://vimeo.com/38460388

You can help fund the production through that kickstarter link. I donated some yesterday.

(null)

Outstanding. I can't wait to see the movie. They should show this to every kid that wants to even remotely consider coming to play here.

The season cannot start soon enough.

Bravo! Bravo!

Very well done and I like it alot and will do my part to let people know to be on the look-out for an upcoming Husker Documentary called,

THROUGH THESE GATES

Keep up the great work!

If they don't meet their funding goals, they don't get any money. My donation was just returned.

(null)

Hey guys, as they said we didn't get the funding. We will still continue. It merely slowed us down but we're still working as hard as ever. Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. I get lost as to whats where and on what forum. Please keep spreading the word, we can't make a film about fans without talking to the fans and hearing your stories. Please share them with us at www.huskersfilm.com.

Man Hope this works, I put it on facebook and gave a few more $ ..... Funny how we are a 3 gereration family that lived in Lincoln for 7 years and got addicted, now we are all grown up but once a year we go a game at all costs and come from Oregon, Utah,Minneaplois, and Indianaplis ........... There in no place like Nebraska.

Man Hope this works, I put it on facebook and gave a few more $ ..... Funny how we are a 3 gereration family that lived in Lincoln for 7 years and got addicted, now we are all grown up but once a year we go a game at all costs and come from Oregon, Utah,Minneaplois, and Indianaplis ........... There in no place like Nebraska.

Haha funny how that works I am easily the biggest husker and I was born and raised in Kansas and my dad was born in Omaha. I also have some cousins in Omaha as well. Im from Kansas so I cant go to that many games but when I do go there is no place I would rather be. Goosbumps every single time and it never gets old.