• Announcements

• Mavric

*NEW* Nebrasketball Commit - 2018 PG Xavier Johnson   08/07/2017

Husker Hoops land a commitment from Arlington, Virginia Point Guard Xavier Johnson   Profile   Get Up-To-Date on Basketball Recruiting
    • Mavric

Fall 2017 Fundraiser   09/22/2017

One of the things that was lost in the board upgrade is the way we used to give users the "Donor" tag that showed up below their user info doesn't work the same way anymore.  I have a new tag set up that will go to anyone who donates going forward.   I should get a notification when you donate but it is only tied to your email, not your username.  So if I don't get your tag on right away either PM me or send an email to Admin@HuskerBoard.com.
HuskerFanChuck

Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

2013 Commits

OF Ryan Boldt SIGNED LOI

LHP Max Knutson

LHP Benjamin Miller

RHP Colton Howell SIGNED LOI

RHP Derek Burkamper

3B Bryce Only SIGNED LOI

C Tanner Lubach JUCO

RHP Josh Roeder JUCO

SS Wes Edrington SIGNED LOI

C Beau Fandel

LHP Grant Gamble SIGNED LOI

3B Matt Leuty

RHP Michael Klein

Jake Wimer SIGNED LOI

2014 Commits

C Jakson Reetz

RHP Byron Hood

RHP Zack Engelken

RHP Garett King

RHP Reece Eddins

LHP Jake McSteen

C Ryan Miller JUCO (San Bernadino Valley College)

RHP Chance Sinclair JUCO (Neosho County CC)

HuskerHacker    45

Nice find Chuck, I'll call my friend whose son plays with him at Mounds View. Should know sometime tonight.

Found this from his Select Club site:

http://www.blizzardelitebaseball.com/

Seems he's a very athletic LHP with a fast ball that has been clocked at 90 mph. He is currently leading the team in rbi's and according to my friend's son, is well liked and respected. Did say he has kind of an ego though but what HS D1 player doesn't? Now to find 3 more like him. :)

Blackshirts007    564
See first post as it's been edited and pinned. ;)

Thanks nexus. It's much easier to follow and keep up with a thread rather than a separate post for each commit/prospect

gbr93    141

Went to Nebraska city tonight to watch the district game between neb city and Hickman/Norris because my team gets to play the winner. Watched Byron and Jackson as the battery for Hickman and I was very impressed. Byron was hitting low 90's late in the game and Jackson was very quick behind the plate with a cannon attached to his right shoulder. Needless to say I get the privilege to take the mound against these kids tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I see why they were one of the top teams in high school baseball this year, the lineup was pretty stacked from top to bottom. Just hope I can have a half way decent showing tomorrow.

Nexus    630

Huskerhacker had a nice recruiting list in an earlier thread, here's a couple that you could add...

The rivals 2013 recruit list:

INF Wes Edrington Hamilton, Indiana, Hamilton Southeastern 5'11" 170

C Beau Fandel Stacy, Minnesota, Forest Lake 6'0" 190

+1

Added to first post.

Went to Nebraska city tonight to watch the district game between neb city and Hickman/Norris because my team gets to play the winner. Watched Byron and Jackson as the battery for Hickman and I was very impressed. Byron was hitting low 90's late in the game and Jackson was very quick behind the plate with a cannon attached to his right shoulder. Needless to say I get the privilege to take the mound against these kids tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I see why they were one of the top teams in high school baseball this year, the lineup was pretty stacked from top to bottom. Just hope I can have a half way decent showing tomorrow.

Good luck! :)

GBR4LIFE    2

Saw today that new Husker baseball RHP recruit Josh Roeder was selected to the 1st team All-Great Lakes Summit Collegiate League. Very Nice!!! Good stats. Looks like he's picking up right where he left off at Louisburg CC in North Carolina, this time against D1 players (including other Big 10 guys). Looks like someone who can come in and help out right away. Can't wait for next season.

http://www.greatlakesleague.org/extras/awards.php?year=2012

flatwaterfan    56

Saw today that new Husker baseball RHP recruit Josh Roeder was selected to the 1st team All-Great Lakes Summit Collegiate League. Very Nice!!! Good stats. Looks like he's picking up right where he left off at Louisburg CC in North Carolina, this time against D1 players (including other Big 10 guys). Looks like someone who can come in and help out right away. Can't wait for next season.

http://www.greatlake...s.php?year=2012

Sweet. We need a guy that fits the closer role and it sounds like Josh will do that.

GBR4LIFE    2

Here's a link to Josh's GLSCL player profile. Check out the ERA and SO to BB ratio! Also only 1 hit in 16 innings pitched.

http://glscl.bbstats.pointstreak.com/player.html?playerid=318685

Also, just checked out the NJCAA website (JUCO NCAA site) and found his stats at Louisburg College in NC. Had 50 SO to 8 BB. This guy throws a ton of strikes, which is awesome because we don't need to be letting guys get free passes. I think our defense will be much better in '13, as pretty much everyone is back - except Kale Kaiser & Stock, both sound D players. Hopefully Pritch will be back defensively and available in the outfield to fill the gap left by Kale. Just put it over the plate, get some K's and let the D do the rest. Offense will be even better with another year under Coach Erstadt and crew.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?category=stats&sid=7&divid=1&slid=3&collegeId=1377&teamid=128751&athleteid=361364&seasonselect=555

Comish    362

Always nice to get a guy with ties. Colorado sure has been good to Husker baseball.

Yes, CU's decision to drop baseball years ago has sent multiple talents to God's country...........

huskerhill    211

No clueMatt Lothrop (@MattLothrop8) tweeted at 3:31 PM on Tue, Nov 13, 2012:

BaseballAmerica ranks Nebraska baseball recruit Ryan Boldt as 9th best prep prospect for 2013 Draft. Not sure he'll ever see Lincoln.

(

)

Had no idea Boldt was rated this high. Would be nice to stop losing recruits to the draft.

flatwaterfan    56

Only, Edrington and Boldt all signed LOI's today.

Happy to see these two signees. Edrington might be able to help us this year! Ryan Boldt will have one more decision to make. We probably won't find out his status until next August. Hopefully, Mr Kelly will be a positive influence. :)

Jake Wimer is an official. Can't find much info on him... but glad he's in the fold. I think Erstad&staff have a good eye for talent.

http://www.kansascitysportsclub.com/

Nexus    630

Happy to see these two signees. Edrington might be able to help us this year! Ryan Boldt will have one more decision to make. We probably won't find out his status until next August. Hopefully, Mr Kelly will be a positive influence. :)

Jake Wimer is an official. Can't find much info on him... but glad he's in the fold. I think Erstad&staff have a good eye for talent.

Thanks for the new info on Wimer. I'll add him to the 1st post.

BTW, Only is a player too. I noticed you said "two signees" so you probably read it wrong. My bad for wording it that way. :P

Grant Gamble just submitted his LOI as well.

flatwaterfan    56

Thanks for the new info on Wimer. I'll add him to the 1st post.

BTW, Only is a player too. I noticed you said "two signees" so you probably read it wrong. My bad for wording it that way. :P

Grant Gamble just submitted his LOI as well.

:LOLtartar OOOPS! My bad! That's actually pretty funny how I read that wrong. Good thing we didn't get a firstbasemen by the name of Who.

I forgot about Bryce. Only should be a great 3rd baseman. Thanks for clearing that up and posting the other signees. chuckleshuffle

HuskerHacker    45

Boldt won't put the red on... he'll be taken in the draft early and probably getting a max bonus...

There are two other kids being recruited from Minnesota right now that are also MLB prospects...

So, I'd completely agree with the statement that Erstad and Company have an eye for talent and what is kind of scary. When Erstad offers it also sends signals to MLB scouts. There's a reason for this and I'm hoping it leads to more Boldt type players coming to dear old NU to develop. Time will tell :)

Nexus    630

Boy Nexus your on the ball. Thanks for the info. I knew about King but not Engelken

It'd be a heck of a lot easier to follow recruiting if perfectgame.org were situated like Rivals, 24/7, etc. (FREE searches) so that I could navigate by school and see who has offers? LJS, OWH, Rivals and 24/7 have done a good job in getting commitment info. out though.

Nexus    630

According to 24/7 and Rivals, NU secured a new 2014 commit. He doesn't have a perfectgame.com profile yet though. I found this little tidbit about him:

Unknown to us before the workout, but leaving a lasting impression, was RHP Reece Eddins (Blue Springs South HS, Class of 2014). The lanky 6-foot-5, 180-pound righty has a deceptive delivery with good rhythm and a free, easy delivery topping at 85 mph with some late arm side movement.

LINK

According to 24/7 and Rivals, NU secured a new 2014 commit. He doesn't have a perfectgame.com profile yet though. I found this little tidbit about him:

Unknown to us before the workout, but leaving a lasting impression, was RHP Reece Eddins (Blue Springs South HS, Class of 2014). The lanky 6-foot-5, 180-pound righty has a deceptive delivery with good rhythm and a free, easy delivery topping at 85 mph with some late arm side movement.

LINK

That quote is way off, says 88 mph on Rivals. :sarcasm Has a 12-6 curveball and change-up as well.

Thanks for the info, Nexus!

Nexus    630

LINK

That quote is way off, says 88 mph on Rivals. :sarcasm Has a 12-6 curveball and change-up as well.

Thanks for the info, Nexus!

:P

85, 88... same difference. :D

HuskerHacker    45

Awesome find... thanks flatwater :)

here is the public link showing he's committed to Nebraska

and other committed prospects links:

Reece Eddins

Blue Springs South, Class of 2014

State: MO

Bat/Throw:

• R/R

Position: RHP

Pitching

• Fastball: 84-85
  • Curveball: 68-69
  • Changeup: 74-75

Prep Baseball Report Link that shows his commitment

KC Royals Elite Scout Workouts Link

--------------------

and as reported by 247 sports and Prep Baseball... we also have this RHP

Zack Engleken

Blue Valley West HS, Class of 2014

Bat/Throw:

• R/R

Position: RHP

Pitching

• Fastball: 84-85
  • Curveball: 72-72
  • Changeup:

Prep Baseball article on him

Prep Baseball Profile Link

---------------------

Elijah Dilday as first posted by OldGoldKnights

Francis Howell HS, Class of 2014

Bat/Throw:

• L/R

Position: SS

Prep Baseball Link that shows his commitment

Nice News Article, note his remarks on BBCOR bats :)

HuskerHacker    45

Players I'd like us to look at:

Drew Ellis:

Indiana: SS

Article Link

Max Prep Profile

Zac Shannon

Archbishop Moeller HS,

Ohio: RHP/1B

Max Preps Profile

Michael Papierski

Lemont High School

Illinois: Catcher

Max Preps Profile

David Peterson

Regis Jesuit High School

Colorado: LHP/1B/OF

Max Preps Profile

Austin Powell

Fountain-Fort Carson HS

Colorado: INF

Max Preps Profile

forgot our own instate boy, shame on me!!

Jackson Reetz

Norris High School

Nebraska: OF

Max Preps Profile

flatwaterfan    56

Good stuff Hacker.

Oh and just to clarify, I didn't find the other stuff, I am just sharing what I read on another site so there can be discussion here in which I can participate. The discussion here is good and the debate respectful. Also the mods don't modify and delete individual posts here. (Those are the 2 reasons I don't post at the other sites anymore) Just want to relay my intent as I know posting info read from other sites can aggravate some people.

gbr93    141

Drew Ellis:

Article Link

Max Prep Profile

Zac Shannon

Archbishop Moeller HS,

Max Preps Profile

Michael Papierski

Lemont High School

Max Preps Profile

David Peterson

Regis Jesuit High School

Max Preps Profile

Austin Powell

Fountain-Fort Carson HS

Max Preps Profile

Jackson Reetz

Norris High School

Max Preps Profile

Jackson has an offer and is already committed to NU.

Drew Ellis:

Article Link

Max Prep Profile

Zac Shannon

Archbishop Moeller HS,

Max Preps Profile

Michael Papierski

Lemont High School

Max Preps Profile

David Peterson

Regis Jesuit High School

Max Preps Profile

Austin Powell

Fountain-Fort Carson HS

Max Preps Profile

Jackson Reetz

Norris High School

Max Preps Profile

Pretty doubtful he makes it to campus, though.

HuskerHacker    45

Another in state kid that's gaining national interest is:

Brad Leise

NCSA Profile

Elkhorn HS, Ne

Bats/Throws: R/R

Seen mostly as a Catcher Prospect but does have some interesting pitching skills. Lacks velocity (78-79) but throws a 11-5 curve and a change up that reaches 63.

Ht/Wt 5-11, 180 lbs. Bats/Throws R/R

huskrplaya    33

Brad Leise

NCSA Profile

Elkhorn HS, Ne

Seen mostly as a Catcher Prospect but does have some interesting pitching skills. Lacks velocity (78-79) but throws a 11-5 curve and a change up that reaches 63.

:D Any relation to Jeff Leise????

Brad Leise

NCSA Profile

Elkhorn HS, Ne

A right handed pitcher that throws an 11-5 curve ball must be something to see!

HuskerHacker    45

I thought the same thing when I read it... figured it was a typo but it's what the article states and I've personally not seen the kid throw so..... just quoting the writer.

edit:

Nearly posted the exact quote but smartly (yea me!!) checked first to see if it's premium.

and... unfortunately it is, I can't post a quote as it's a premium site :(

bball_backer    122

Drew Ellis:

Article Link

Max Prep Profile

Zac Shannon

Archbishop Moeller HS,

Max Preps Profile

Michael Papierski

Lemont High School

Max Preps Profile

David Peterson

Regis Jesuit High School

Max Preps Profile

Austin Powell

Fountain-Fort Carson HS

Max Preps Profile

Jackson Reetz

Norris High School

Max Preps Profile

I don't know the Reetz family but know a ton of people from the Firth/Norris area. Everyone I've talked to that knows them believes he'll go to school.

Drew Ellis:

Article Link

Max Prep Profile

Zac Shannon

Archbishop Moeller HS,

Max Preps Profile

Michael Papierski

Lemont High School

Max Preps Profile

David Peterson

Regis Jesuit High School

Max Preps Profile

Austin Powell

Fountain-Fort Carson HS

Max Preps Profile

Jackson Reetz

Norris High School

Max Preps Profile

I don't know the Reetz family but know a ton of people from the Firth/Norris area. Everyone I've talked to that knows them believes he'll go to school.

I have a hard time believing that he'll end up in school if he gets drafted high enough and gets enough money. You won't hear anything else out of friends/families mouths until he's signed a contract for what bargaining power they can use, but money is hard to turn down.

Drew Ellis:

Article Link

Max Prep Profile

Zac Shannon

Archbishop Moeller HS,

Max Preps Profile

Michael Papierski

Lemont High School

Max Preps Profile

David Peterson

Regis Jesuit High School

Max Preps Profile

Austin Powell

Fountain-Fort Carson HS

Max Preps Profile

Jackson Reetz

Norris High School

Max Preps Profile

I know the family and will agree, but $ can change minds quickly.