navysker

Nebraska Wrestling

navysker    17

Does anyone know a good site to follow the championships on? I live overseas and would like to follow it. We don't get all the US websites to watch it on but I'd be happy for something other than ncaa.com.

Mavric    8,058

I don't follow wrestling but four national titles in four weight classes is pretty impressive:

Cornell senior Kyle Dake became the first wrestler in NCAA history to win four national titles at four weights Saturday night, and Penn State won the national team title for the third year in a row.

The 165-pound Dake beat defending champion David Taylor of Penn State 5-4, joining Cael Sanderson and Pat Smith as four-time NCAA champions.

"It feels amazing," Dake said. "I'm just really glad that I was able to accomplish my goals."

Full ESPN Article

StPaulHusker    4,098

That awkward moment when that awkward moment at :39 ends up on the internet.

I almost missed it. That was funny and makes me glad I am not a wrestler if that is an "exercise" I would have to partake in.

MLB 51    835

Undefeated and ranked #8.

Not so fast my friend. We took 2nd place at the "Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational."

Guess that doesn't count as actual loss, though.

MLB 51    835

We are weak at 133,141, 165, and 197. Dudley should have won his match. He just didn't seem to have that urgency to score, or win.

We are weak at 133,141, 165, and 197. Dudley should have won his match. He just didn't seem to have that urgency to score, or win.

Losing Abidin to academics really made us weak at 133 and 141. Wilson was one win away from being an All-American last year but doesn't seem like he has improved that much. I was happy winning 3 matches against Iowa as those are the only 3 I thought they could win. Green and Kokesh look great right now!

HANC    177

After the road win at Illini, Neb sitting at #7 (may have been there before meet), but 4 of top 7 are Big 10 schools.

MLB 51    835

After the road win at Illini, Neb sitting at #7 (may have been there before meet), but 4 of top 7 are Big 10 schools.

Our only loss is to Iowa. I think we can finish the year in the top 5.

MLB 51    835

Green got pinned by Ness from Minnesota in the quarters. St. John from Iowa also lost in the quarters.

I just can't believe this. Green was the one guy I knew would win a National Title. sigh...

Coach Power'T    1,247

Green got pinned by Ness from Minnesota in the quarters. St. John from Iowa also lost in the quarters.

I just can't believe this. Green was the one guy I knew would win a National Title. sigh...

It was a crazy sequence. Ness was on his back and Green was a little too far over rotated while trying to hold him at that point, with too much space between the two as well. Ness basically hit a high bridge chauncy, not that you actually call that a move...

Stumpy1    1,430

It was a crazy sequence. Ness was on his back and Green was a little too far over rotated while trying to hold him at that point, with too much space between the two as well. Ness basically hit a high bridge chauncy, not that you actually call that a move...

It really was a crazy deal...They didn't even give Green a reversal but he almost had him pinned and like you said, got a little high and Ness was able to roll him right to his back for the pin.