I didn't really get a chance to watch much of the game, however, I did see all of the overtime.

3rd and 5 only needing to a kick a field goal, and he calls what looked like an out-route to the sideline that a corner could jump the route on and take back for six.

What. The. Hell.

I actually thought Beck called a pretty good game today. Might have won us the game with the third-down call on our own one yard line. We haven't had any luck running it off our own goal line lately. Even if we manage a couple yards, We're still punting with less-than-ideal room from the back of our own end zone. Likely they'll get the ball back in our territory with more than a minute to get into field goal range. Throw it up, let your big receiver have a chance to make a play or (as it turned out) get a penalty. Not only kept them from getting the ball back but gave us a chance to still try to score ourselves.

GREAT call.

I thought he had a hell of a gameplan and playcalling day against MSU. Wasn't his fault we kept turning the ball over and TA missed some open receivers.

Today was typical Beck. That cutesy pass to Burtch on 3rd and 2 was ridiculous and the dumb 3rd down call in OT has been mentioned. That said, we should've had 31 points in regulation. AA's fumble pretty-much took a td off the board. Then the refs robbed us of a td, then we could've gotten that td back if A-Rod doesn't jump on 2nd and goal at the 1.

I liked that we finally got the wildcat out. Ya AA fumbled but that could happen on any of his runs, the play got us solid yards and we should've seen more of it. With TM out there is no reason not to use the wildcat and the play provides an added blocker, which obviously helps with our patchwork line.

Beck is still too cutesy and impatient with the run at times but I don't see him gone after this season. IMO we should move Barney to the off the field coaching/recruiting job, reshuffle duties, and bring-in a qb coach.

I thought he had a hell of a gameplan and playcalling day against MSU. Wasn't his fault we kept turning the ball over and TA missed some open receivers.

Today was typical Beck. That cutesy pass to Burtch on 3rd and 2 was ridiculous and the dumb 3rd down call in OT has been mentioned. That said, we should've had 31 points in regulation. AA's fumble pretty-much took a td off the board. Then the refs robbed us of a td, then we could've gotten that td back if A-Rod doesn't jump on 2nd and goal at the 1.

I liked that we finally got the wildcat out. Ya AA fumbled but that could happen on any of his runs, the play got us solid yards and we should've seen more of it. With TM out there is no reason not to use the wildcat and the play provides an added blocker, which obviously helps with our patchwork line.

Beck is still too cutesy and impatient with the run at times but I don't see him gone after this season. IMO we should move Barney to the off the field coaching/recruiting job, reshuffle duties, and bring-in a qb coach.

We need to take some of the pressure off these guys I know there has been talk of a full time recruiting coordinator, I'd also like to see a new special teams coach because we are lacking there quite a bit

tim beck is the incarnation of damned if you do, damned if you don't. if the team is running well and he decides to pass and it does not work, he is an idiot because you stick to what is working. if the team is running well and he decides to run on a 3rd and short and it does not work, he is an idiot because you are supposed to use the run to open up the pass.

his whole job is to keep defenses off balanced and take what they give you, but there are no easier decisions to second guess that offensive play calling.

• Fire 1

I know I'm probably in the minority but if I recall correctly wasn't Barney Cotton OC at one time during Solichs first years? Whoever it was, I'll admit I liked what we did. We could have used a real QB in those offenses, it would have helped a lot. Mbutmjust lookin at overall style of offense and play calling, I actually enjoyed it.

tim beck is the incarnation of damned if you do, damned if you don't. if the team is running well and he decides to pass and it does not work, he is an idiot because you stick to what is working. if the team is running well and he decides to run on a 3rd and short and it does not work, he is an idiot because you are supposed to use the run to open up the pass.

his whole job is to keep defenses off balanced and take what they give you, but there are no easier decisions to second guess that offensive play calling.

No more +1s or this would be worth one.

Lots of people like to say "that play didn't work. terrible call." There is so much more to it than that. Leaving aside how many insist on blaming the coaches for everything, even if it's a blatant screw-up by a player, there are a host of other factors to consider. How many would have said it was a great idea to throw it deep off our own one yard line on third down? Probably not many. But that may have won us the game, even though the play didn't technically work. Not only did it keep the ball out of their hands but gave us a chance to win in regulation.